Dakota Durango Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm getting ready to build a box for my club cab Dak. I want ot keep the rear seat, which thus far has limited me to a custom box or the thunderform. I like the thunderform, but eventually I want to step up to some really high quality, and not so shallow mounted subs. So, I'm designing and building my own custom box to be mounted in place of the tray and rear seat. I plan on padding the top for people to be able to sit on it comfortably, so I don't loose the seat. So, I just wanted to throw some numbers for the box and make sure I'm doing my math right so that I can proceed with the next step of making it.

The box itself will be down firing. I'll allow an inch between the floor and the bottom of the box. I don't believe I need more space...

The measurements I've established at this point are inside, meaning taking into consideration the box structure, are 7 x 13 x 45. I did my own calculations and got just under 2 ft^3. So divide it in two and you got 1 ft^3 for each sub, which should be enough for most subs on the market today. I just need to make sure I did the math right and do actually have that much airspace to work with. The subs I'm looking at only need .8 ft^3 in a sealed box.

So, can anyone help me out after reading my novel? :jester: Thanks.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
YellowKota2k said:
1.18 cf per sub. You were pretty close. ;)

Awesome, thanks. A little bigger or a little smaller is fine by me. Now tomorrow morning I'm pulling the rear seat and the tray out to get better measurements and a better idea of exactly what I need to do. If I can make this and make it look decent. I'd be willing to put them together for other members on this site. :mullet:

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.