Dakota Durango Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Benz Tech
889 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Would the stock e-fan wiring be able to handle the mark viii fan hooked up on high speed?

·
Registered
48 Posts
DCC (Delta Current Controls) makes a controller that was special built for the Mark VIII fan. I'm not sure about the stock wiring being able to handle the high amp draw this fan requires, doubt it. Most of the DCC contoller are variable speed and have the soft start (fan doesn't tax the electrical system with an all of a sudden fan on high start, it starts the fan at 60% then increases its speed for what is needed to cool). I'm interested in their 2speed controller for a Taurus fan. I have an e-mail out to them, checking to see if this has the soft start.

·
Registered
48 Posts
By the way DCC also makes their own high amp relay switch package that will hook up to stock wiring to protect it from the high amp draw. Give them a call, they'll hook ya up!!

·
Registered
122 Posts
I run the mark 8 fan, but I have a seperate thermostat in the Radiator. That runs into 50 amp relay. I have the thermo adjusted to come on at 180, and my volts never drop.

·
Austin, TX
184 Posts
DCC (Delta Current Controls) makes a controller that was special built for the Mark VIII fan. I'm not sure about the stock wiring being able to handle the high amp draw this fan requires, doubt it. Most of the DCC contoller are variable speed and have the soft start (fan doesn't tax the electrical system with an all of a sudden fan on high start, it starts the fan at 60% then increases its speed for what is needed to cool). I'm interested in their 2speed controller for a Taurus fan. I have an e-mail out to them, checking to see if this has the soft start.
Not so much so start but it ramps up voltage as temperture increases. I have a Mark VIII with a DCC controler and love it. A little pricey but well worth it.

·
Premium Member
17,622 Posts
Not so much so start but it ramps up voltage as temperture increases. I have a Mark VIII with a DCC controler and love it. A little pricey but well worth it.
Actually it changes pulse width modulation not voltage to increase the fan speed. You don't want to run the fan on low voltage.

·
Benz Tech
889 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I have sct controlling my flex a lite right now, I would like to keep it that way but with a mark VIII on high speed only. Anybody know if that is possible?

·
Premium Member
17,622 Posts
I have sct controlling my flex a lite right now, I would like to keep it that way but with a mark VIII on high speed only. Anybody know if that is possible?
Yep, just have to wire up a relay that is controlled by the stock e-fan circuit.

·
Benz Tech
889 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
What size relay should I use?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts