Dakota Durango Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok so I am installing a supercharger and i am trying to figure out the best bypass-check valve setup to use for the map sensor. Or should i use a voltage clamp? I have read some good things about the synapse missing link and cant find if the one for the dodge neon will work or the one for a honda or? What do you guys use? Thanks for the help :worky:

·
6.9 6 speed
5,421 Posts
you should invest in sct but I ended up using a voltage clamp with my stock map sensor. A check valve never really did the job for me. It would be a good idea to use both so that you reduce the risk of damaging the map sensor.

·
6.9 6 speed
5,421 Posts
try split seconds adjustibe voltage clamp. Actually I think I still have mine if you're interested in it.

·
registered abuser
450 Posts
I had a check valve and it failed within 3000 miles, the second one lasted longer. I just got sct with a 2-bar instead.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I keep reading that everyone seems to use the sct I think i need to save up some more money and go that route...... I just wanted to try to get it going with what i got first and then improve on it but i just dont know anymore.

·
Registered
282 Posts
SCT and 2 bar map sensor

I am confused and just want to clear things up, if I am going with the SCT and 2 bar map sensor then that is all that I need as far as the map is concerned... no need for a check valve or the other?

·
Registered
2,884 Posts
i used the check valve on mine the whole time and it worked fine. i couldn't go sct so i had to get it to work.

·
registered abuser
450 Posts
no need for a check valve with sct and 2bar map

1 - 9 of 9 Posts