Dakota Durango Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone I'm new to this forum,
I have a '99 Dakota with manual windows. In my local junkyard they have a '99 with power windows and the doors are in better shape than mine. How hard will it be to change them out. Can I just swap them and hook up wires. Thanks in advance for the advice.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
That is what I was thinking. I'm hoping that I can just go to the fuse block and use the power window fuse thats not being used currently.

·
Registered
40 Posts
I just did this on my 01Sport CC. To do it correctly it is a big job. In my case I was able to pick up a whole cab from an 03 cc off of Craigslist, so I had everything I needed for the conversion. It's really more than just supplying power and ground if you want the d/d switches to control the passenger side window as well. Also if you are swapping doors from a truck with power windows, chances are your donar door will have power locks too. And you may wish to chang your lock cylinders to keep the same key too. This was another reason for me to swap everything. I was also lucky that my donar cab had tilt wheel and a remote start too.

When I did this I changed the dash, cab wiring harness, door hardware, door cards, and ccm. Oh, the 03 was also a 4x4 and my Sport is 2wd , so I gutted the 4x4 parts and wires out of the dash too! After all that its really just plug and play if you are able to get everything off your donating truck.. The end result is worth the extra effort and work though. Completely changes the truck.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts