Dakota Durango Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i really want power windows and i was wondering if i could just do a whole door swap from maual to power. my question is, does it hafta be wired anywhere else for the truck to recognize it? if that makes sense.

·
I bleev u have mai staplr
3,018 Posts
You need all the wires that come into the door. Do you have power locks? I assume not, but if you don't then most likely there is no wiring i the door.

You can still switch over, but you'd be better off doing it with your existing doors rather than swapping out the door. You just need the window roll up module, the motor assembly and the switches. I'm sure somone makes a whole kit for it. The only thing you might be able to use from the factory door with power windows is the motor assembly, everything else you'll need to make new, it can't just be integrated since its done through the BCM

If you do want to make everything factory, you'll need to get the doors, plus all the wiring that goes through the doors, don't cut them at all, just unplug, you need all the harnesses also. All the way back to the BCM. You may even need the new BCM to make them work, not sure if vehicles without power windows still have the funcion built in or not. If you do that, youll get the power locks too. Youll need to do that for both doors.

It's really a pain in the ass, but it can be done.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.