Dakota Durango Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey i had an idea, i was curious to see if anyone thinks it might be a good idea. What If you go to the hardware store and make some stands out of pieces of metal and screw that to the floor. like make it about 2 inches off the floor, you you think that would be a good idea to keep air flowing under it to keep it cool?

·
Registered
402 Posts
It might help a bit, but you could buy little fans for cheaper and not to mention, they would take much less time to do. Also you would have to make sure the the rack is very solid and mounted very well or it will rattle.

·
Registered
667 Posts
If the amp is in the cabin shouldn't it be ok w/ the airflow you have in there in the first place, or have you had overheating probs w/ the amp already?

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
i got 2 amps one for speakers and the other for subs. I think i shorted out the subs one so i had a replacement plan from Best Buy so i got a new one, but it was overheating, on occasion i have had problems with them overheating and the subs fading in and out, i know i can install a fan, but i'm not sure, where has evey1 else mounted their amps in a club cab? :slice:

·
Registered
402 Posts
3rdnFnlbst said:
i got 2 amps one for speakers and the other for subs. I think i shorted out the subs one so i had a replacement plan from Best Buy so i got a new one, but it was overheating, on occasion i have had problems with them overheating and the subs fading in and out, i know i can install a fan, but i'm not sure, where has evey1 else mounted their amps in a club cab? :slice:
Are you sure that is not a power problem? Do you have any power capacitors or extra batteries? Also are you running 4 gauge power wire or larger?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts