Dakota Durango Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
D

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The Magnum has a feature I really want on the Durango... it cuts the fuel and spark to 4 cylinders when at cruising speed.

This saves a LOT of gas on long trips.

How much of a nightmare would it be to transfer the Magnum or Grand computer over to a Durango 5.9?

·
Home Owner....
2,565 Posts
Dark Jedi said:
The Magnum has a feature I really want on the Durango... it cuts the fuel and spark to 4 cylinders when at cruising speed.

This saves a LOT of gas on long trips.

How much of a nightmare would it be to transfer the Magnum or Grand computer over to a Durango 5.9?

wont work....totally diff engine control/transmission setups. the Magnum is all fly/drive by wire.

if ya want to save gas in 5.9 `Rango... do all the usual gas saving tips...

·
Am I Driving?
66 Posts
not to mention the new hemi's actually collapse (sp?) 4 of the lifters to completely shut down 4 cylinders.

You best bet at in creasing mileage - get some lighter feet, and start shedding weight off the truck.

·
Registered
1,816 Posts
The only thing you need besides the computer is a complete engine, drivetrain, wiring harness and unless you have the expertise maybe $10,000 to give someone to figure it all out and install it for you.

D

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
N56629 said:
The only thing you need besides the computer is a complete engine, drivetrain, wiring harness and unless you have the expertise maybe $10,000 to give someone to figure it all out and install it for you.

Cool, I figgered it would be easy.

:joke:

I was hoping against hope here. No such luck though.

·
Registered
1,816 Posts
GM tried this approach a long time ago and it failed. If this one is a success, you will probably see it in many more of DC's lineup. Maybe even the Durango. I don't think it is too likely to find it's way into the pickup line.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts