Dakota Durango Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Fuel Monster
886 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
ok guys,
I put my M3 mirrors on yesterday and the po-lice don't like the blue turn signal; who would have though LOL, they just want blue lights for themselves.
anyways, my plan now is to wire them to a switch and have them light up at my will. I was wondering if anyone had any suggestions on how I can wire them. I don't really want to come off the battery, I was thinking of drawing power off the fuse box but again I'm not sure what kinda of power the mirrors will draw.
Hopefully someone can help me out
thanks
:help:

·
I bleev u have mai staplr
3,018 Posts
Use the blue ignition wire under your steering wheel column, that way they will shut off with the key if you forget to shut them off.

If you want +12 all the time, but just don't wantto run all the way to the battery, use a wire in the fuse box, or the Pink/Black wire in the steering column is also constant 12v. But wherever you tie into MAKE SURE YOU FUSE IT!!! The L.E.D.s in the blinkers use very little current, so don't worry about what you tie into.

·
Fuel Monster
886 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
thanks for all the info guys.
Heres another question, I have neon lights on the inside of the truck which is wiried into the cig. lighter. Do you think I could wire the mirrors into the same fuse? or would that be to much of a power draw and blow the fuse?

As for the cops, it was weird. I was driving around town as usual. My girl friend wanted a tea so we went to Tim Hortons, got a tea and parked in the lot. Sitting there a few minutes and a cop came walking up beside me. Look at me and said hello, looked at the drivers side mirror and turned and asked " are this signal lights blue?"...
I said ".... ahhhhhh, yeah."
He said, " we thought so, we saw you downtown and weren't sure if they were blue or not. You can't have those on the road, not flashing anyway."

So, I didn't get a ticket or a warning or anything, he just said they can't be flashing blue.

Hopefully someone can let me know about wiring into the cig.lights with neons already on the same fuse.
Thanks

·
Getting Old
2,662 Posts
damn, if i would have known that. Ummm i would just really run a new cable from the battery into the cab. Like a crappy amp cable or something with a bigger inline fuse because although fuses are cheap, i wouldnt keep putting stuff on the cig lighter. Plus if u add more stuff in ur cab later or whatever, ull have a power cable already there :biggthump

·
July Truck of the Month
572 Posts
So ya got rid of your nice looking painted 5x7's? Those look great painted man, lets see some pics of the M3's though :biggthump

·
G.F.Y racing president
6,587 Posts
slvdak said:
thanks for all the info guys.
Heres another question, I have neon lights on the inside of the truck which is wiried into the cig. lighter. Do you think I could wire the mirrors into the same fuse? or would that be to much of a power draw and blow the fuse?

As for the cops, it was weird. I was driving around town as usual. My girl friend wanted a tea so we went to Tim Hortons, got a tea and parked in the lot. Sitting there a few minutes and a cop came walking up beside me. Look at me and said hello, looked at the drivers side mirror and turned and asked " are this signal lights blue?"...
I said ".... ahhhhhh, yeah."
He said, " we thought so, we saw you downtown and weren't sure if they were blue or not. You can't have those on the road, not flashing anyway."

So, I didn't get a ticket or a warning or anything, he just said they can't be flashing blue.

Hopefully someone can let me know about wiring into the cig.lights with neons already on the same fuse.
Thanks
so change the bulb, that is when you get a warning for it by a cop that pulls you over for it.

jim

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.