Dakota Durango Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Got one on order....

Got one on order and will be installed within the next couple weeks. My plenum gasket is toast (using oil) and if I am going to spend the time to pull the intake off it is going to get the M1. :D :woot:

Installed the MP headers this weekend and they were cake! :) Drives like a new one too!

Travis

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
wheres that gasket at? i have a small pool of oil under my truck and thought it was the oils sending unit.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Gasket is on the underside of the intake manifold...... you have to remove the intake to get to it. I do believe that there is also a problem with leakage around the rear gasket on the manifold. I do get spots on the driveway and garage floor from this area on my 94.

Travis

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I have changed my oil sending unit, and still have leak. hopefully with this new intake i can stop it. where did you get yours and how much was it?

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I will try to have my assistant take lotsa pics for your reference.

I purchased my M1 2bbl from www.socaldakota.com and it was $425 shipped including the install kit for the EGR version. Sam HOOKED ME UP on the Doug Thorley/MP headers I installed over the weekend so the price was decent but not the cheapest. I am willing to pay for service and Sam does provide that!

I hope to do the install in the next 2 weeks.

Travis

·
G.F.Y racing president
9,424 Posts
did that swap on my ram a few years ago. worked well. lost a little on the bottom, cuz the truck is so heavy and the exhaust i had on it. once the exhaust was "fixed" i picked back up a few more ponies. youll like it. hey when your dont with your v8 kegger intake, ill take it off your hands man!

got a v8 coming, thinking of either doing an m1 or a stock one. still need the v8 intake though. thanks

jim

1 - 7 of 7 Posts