Dakota Durango Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
It's not my fault!
555 Posts
Yes, you do need it. The install kit includes some spacers to allow the fuel rail to bolt on, in addition to the AC bracket and such. Also includes a couple NPT plugs, vacuum caps, bolts and the water pump bypass nipple. You also need a fresh gasket set, new bypass hose, hose clamps if you still have those crappy ones from Mopar, heater hose nipple if you can't get yours out, tstat gasket and maybe a new tstat depending on how old yours is, some RTV/right stuff for the corners and the dowel holes in the M1 and a good torque wrench in in-lbs since you tighten the bolts in a specific sequence up to 12 ft-lbs.

·
Registered
153 Posts
i just installed one and the install kit helped out alot...the only thing that i had problems with was the heater hose nipple...mine stripped when i got it out and had no threads...went to dodge and they couldnt find it on the computer...ended up using a 2$ threaded barb adaptor from home depot...also remember the intake bolts only need 12 lbs of torque...

·
It's just a lil 318...
929 Posts
I just installed one myself and its not hard, Though I asked sneezer about my damn radiator hose problem...hehe Anywayz You will need some RTV to put in the corners of each gasket under the intake, only use a little bit not much is required. everything else bolts up and be sure to use 12 ft.lbs and make 3 rounds on the intake wait about 5 mins or so each time.

·
It's not my fault!
555 Posts
steeda2h said:
i just installed one and the install kit helped out alot...the only thing that i had problems with was the heater hose nipple...mine stripped when i got it out and had no threads...went to dodge and they couldnt find it on the computer...ended up using a 2$ threaded barb adaptor from home depot...also remember the intake bolts only need 12 lbs of torque...
I know NAPA sells the nipple. It is a pretty common part, although general. The goons at Autozone frequently can't help out much if it isn't in their computer, but Napa usually pulls through on the strange stuff. That is where I got mine last year. Mine was pretty much cemented into the intake. 12 years will do that.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.