Dakota Durango Forum banner

M/T and A/T tires that look similar?

787 views 6 replies 3 participants last post by  JackRey 
#1 ·
Currently running M/Ts on all 4 corners of my 2WD dakota, but I've decided that I'd like to run A/Ts on the front and M/Ts on the rear. That way I can keep the cool looks of the M/Ts out back without having to deal with the terrible on-road performance of them on the front. I'm hoping to find a manufacturer who makes an A/T that looks similar in tread pattern and sidewall to their M/T so it doesn't look like I'm just running totally mismatched tires.

Just to add to the difficulty, I've got 15" wheels and plan to stick with them.

Been searching on ebay, but having no luck, even with the oval shaped chinesium no names.

Anyone have any ideas?

#5 ·
Yeah, that's one of the issues I'm seeing. People running M/Ts want everything aggressive including half of the sidewall. A/T people want a more demure look with standard sidewalls, maybe with small knobbies just touching the actual tread. I might be crazy with this idea, or I may have to go with matching tires, just different sizes. Checking out those goodyears now, but they may fall out of my budget, the truck is worth about 11 dollars.

Tire Wheel Car Land vehicle Vehicle

#6 ·
Found some chinesium tires that may work. Thunderer and Eldorado both have knobby M/Ts along with kinda-ok A/Ts that kinda match but not really. Hunting around on simpletire.com to see what other round/black tires that may hold air or may not. Didn't have much luck on the ebay or the amazon machines.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.