Dakota Durango Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
99 Durango 5.9 part out
1,252 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know, I know, spin tech mid length.

I'm looking for used, in about 2 weeks. I found a set of long tubes right now, don't know if they'll be available in 2 weeks. I'm just wondering if there's any way I can get a set of long tubes in the durango. I'll have the entire engine out, so I can attach the long tubes before it goes in if that would make things any easier. Details in sig.

·
Ugliest Truck on here!!!
8,951 Posts
see if there are any for your year/engine Dakota.... should fit.

·
Registered
583 Posts
from what i have heard, it ws fraim rails and crossmembers that get in the way..... maybe even the front driveshaft? i personally havent seen, or heard of, any longtubes made for the 4wd...... i could be wrong though...

·
Registered
2,698 Posts
GS Motorsports used to make them for 4x4 Durangos.

·
Registered
2,698 Posts
I don't think GiSM ever made long tubes for anything...
You are right, the GiSM were mid length. (so are the Mopar/PPH/Leach) Yes the Mopars were also made for 4x4s

·
99 Durango 5.9 part out
1,252 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
You are right, the GiSM were mid length. (so are the Mopar/PPH/Leach) Yes the Mopars were also made for 4x4s
So these should work then right?

This is from the ad

Very hard to find Mopar Performance long tube headers for Dodge Dakota R/T 1998- 2003 with 5.9 Magnum engine. Ceramic coated and includes crossover pipe. Were used very little, still in great shape, just need a little cleaning. These are not your typical headers you find on ebay. These are high quality long tube headers from Mopar Performance that easily sold previously for 650 dollars!

·
Registered
2,698 Posts
If yours is a 4x4, the headers will fit but the crossover will not. You would need to have it fabricated or find the correct crossover.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts