Dakota Durango Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I'm wanting to drop my truck after I get it painted. It sits level stock, so I really don't want to go with a 3/4 drop. I've got 17" stock rims w/28" diameter tires. There's 7 1/2" gap between the wheels and the well. Do you think a 4/4 would be good w/o having to mod it from rubbing? And where can I buy a 4" drop for the front. I can't find seem to find any from Belltech or Hotchkis. Any help would be appreciated, thanks.

Here's a side pic if this helps:

B

·
0 Posts
you dont wanna do it this way

well if you have to i have a 98 dakota sport. i put 20s on it and i droped it 4 inches in the rear and coudnt find anything in the front, so what i did was i went to a suspention shop, and had them cut a coil outta the front. when u drop the back 4 inches you might wanna consider takin the bump stops out or gettin shorter ones. bumpy as hell and stif. you wont like it with bumpstops. the front is stiff too. but thats what i did and i regret doin it but thats what i chose. did u go with blocks or hangers? i went with blocks.

here take a look

www.cardomain.com/id/itsonlyav6

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
i'm wanting hangers, i don't like the idea of blocks. my buddy dropped his to where the axel is sitting on the frame...same thing as putting in a traction bar...he hooks up real nice. getting 2" spindles and 2" coils would give me my 4" drop, right?

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
well damn damn damn damn damn the luck! I'll have to look at the pricing on those controll Arms. do you guys think a 5/5 would be too much drop?

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I don't know what color yet...I'm just gonna go to the shop and talk to my buddy about droppin it for me tomorrow. It should be done next week I'm guessin. That green one is mine...i just love dakotas i guess :biggthump . That ones for sale tho. It's gonna be my paint! The sacrafices I have to make!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts