Dakota Durango Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

· Happy 4th of July!
5,360 Posts
Solar360 said:
heres mine with a 3/5 belltech drop, i think im gonna raise it soon or at least when I finish my 408 and need bigass tires
I love the shaved ass on the truck! Looks AWESOME!

Tailgate and all just welded the F*CK shut eh? Awesome.

Gotta ask, A how much, B how'd you pick a shop to do it? I'm just about to start my venture into custom body work (like shaving the Tgate) and I can't really seem to find anyone that interested in doing the work. and that seems REALLY bad to me...

· '10 Camaro RS/SS
1,941 Posts
Solar360 said:
heres mine with a 3/5 belltech drop, i think im gonna raise it soon or at least when I finish my 408 and need bigass tires
That does look nice. I got to ask why the removal of the fender flares? And do you rub like crazy wth that much tire on those rims?

Oh and to complete your wonderful monochromatic color scheme, hit the roof joint molding with some solar yellow. :biggthump

The welded tailgate is just bitchin! :mullet:

· Registered
56 Posts
Thanks for all the comments, a place in Windsor, Ontario did the work actually, the work is quite good even in person you can't tell up close that is all shaved over like you can on some trucks... I have flares but they are in the process of getting painted and yes I rub on big bumps but it is one bumpy ass ride and I can't really speed unless its flat so its saved me from tickets i guess, but i'll be raising it back a bit, that weather stripping has pissed me off for a while, i think im just gonna go and paint it now that somebody else said something about it

· lots of mods & no money
1,202 Posts
for any1 out there with the sniper front end (or any1 that knows the answer) how far can i safely lower my truck without havin to worry bout takin a chunk out of my bumper when i drive down a road (keep in mind im in the country so there arent many 'flat' roads out here) originally i was think 3/4 but now im leaning towards 2/3 cuz unfortunatly i have "led foot" disease according to my dad

· Getting Old
2,662 Posts
Karas3434 said:
for any1 out there with the sniper front end (or any1 that knows the answer) how far can i safely lower my truck without havin to worry bout takin a chunk out of my bumper when i drive down a road (keep in mind im in the country so there arent many 'flat' roads out here) originally i was think 3/4 but now im leaning towards 2/3 cuz unfortunatly i have "led foot" disease according to my dad
measure how far off the ground ur bumper is, and go from there. If i were u, i would just go as low as possible, 3/4 or a 4/5 would look really good IMO. And what does having a lead foot have to do with a drop kit? Just as long as u dont go fast as shit over big ass bumps, u shouldnt have a problem.

· I'm that guy.
177 Posts
I'm about 2 weeks out from doing a 3/4 drop on my CC dakota.. Someone was telling me that the front drivers side hanger requires you to unbolt the gas tank to get the the inside bolt for the hanger... Anyone have any experiance with this issue? Or did he not know what he was talking about.

· Registered
728 Posts
MusicCityDak said:
I'm about 2 weeks out from doing a 3/4 drop on my CC dakota.. Someone was telling me that the front drivers side hanger requires you to unbolt the gas tank to get the the inside bolt for the hanger... Anyone have any experiance with this issue? Or did he not know what he was talking about.

ummmmm, the front doesn`t have hangers. and the gas tank is no where near the front end. so he`s full of shitt.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.