Dakota Durango Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok, I just found this forum about two days ago and have been reading nearly every free moment since. My plans were to lower my 2002 Durango and I see most people like the Hotchkis setup the best. My concern (actually my wifes) is the harshness of the ride. Can one of you compare the ride quality after the hotchkis tvs is installed to any other car? Thanks.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Ok, now thats something I can relate too, a 528 BMW. So the truck will ride smooth, like that? Not stiff like a lowered sport compact, not clunky or bouncey at all?

·
Registered
85 Posts
Don't know what the ride is like in a Dakota, but Durango handles and rides GREAT. You just have to stay away from 20 - 22 inch rims with low profile tires. This would make your ride a little bouncie, and stiff.

Jeff

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Right now I have the stock 2002, SLT 16" wheels, but am planning on switching to 17" R/T wheels to reduce the sidewall just a bit.

What are some recommended 16" and 17" tire sizes to maximize tire width?

·
Registered
1,177 Posts
DurangoDude said:
Don't know what the ride is like in a Dakota, but Durango handles and rides GREAT. You just have to stay away from 20 - 22 inch rims with low profile tires. This would make your ride a little bouncie, and stiff.

Jeff
you may be bouncie and stiff, but you'll look good :mullet:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.