Dakota Durango Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello
I want to put a 2 in. drop on the front of my dakota and a 4 in. on the back for a 2001 dakota. I want to use the Bell tech kit. I am curious if i will rub becasue i have 255/55/17 tires and i dont want them to rub. I am also curious if you can use your stock shocks wiht the kit?

·
Registered
223 Posts
I have the same tires and same drop except I am running 18's.
And yes occassionally I rub up front when running like 75mph down the interstate and hitting a bridge or something. That can be remedied with bigger bump stops up front though.
Everything I have seen in my research basically says that if you go beyond a 1in drop then you need different shocks.

D

·
0 Posts
i have a question as well.....as to the subject at least. Im running a 255/50 R20 wheel/tire package..and was thinking about doing a DJM 4/6 drop kit w/toxic shocks. Would there be rubbing/clearance problems? I want the slammed look, but im starting to think that 20" wheels might rain on my parade. Hopefully someone can brighten my outlook. Thanks for any and all help. :help:

·
pressurized
239 Posts
dakotaondubs said:
i have a question as well.....as to the subject at least. Im running a 255/50 R20 wheel/tire package..and was thinking about doing a DJM 4/6 drop kit w/toxic shocks. Would there be rubbing/clearance problems? I want the slammed look, but im starting to think that 20" wheels might rain on my parade. Hopefully someone can brighten my outlook. Thanks for any and all help. :help:
mine rubbed like a big champ until i got out the airsaw now it is sweet and mine is very low because of all the weight i cut the inner fender well and the fender flare kind of scary but you can't even tell when you are looking at it dont be scared it ain't custom til your cutting

B

·
0 Posts
how far down can i go on my 01 motorsports edition with the black motorsports 16x8.5 with 295/50/16 with a 3.9l v-6? i was thinking about 2/4 so i can still drive on the roads in maine, and also who makes a goo kit, belltech, or westin?

D

·
0 Posts
pressurized2 said:
mine rubbed like a big champ until i got out the airsaw now it is sweet and mine is very low because of all the weight i cut the inner fender well and the fender flare kind of scary but you can't even tell when you are looking at it dont be scared it ain't custom til your cutting
hey pressurized...so should I be ok with a 4/6 drop.....or no? (without havin to cut anything)?? hope ya can help me out brother

1 - 7 of 7 Posts