Dakota Durango Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
D

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
question all...

im running a stock 2004 dakota SLT 2wd ext cab.....and have a 255/50 R20 wheel package. my question is...what lowering kit will work....a 3/5 or a 4/6. Could my 20s rain on my parade...or will one of these kits work. Im aiming for the 4/6.....but if that dont work, ill shoot for the 3/5. Help me please. Also, is this kinda kit hard to do oneself? the 3/5 is just control arms/shocks and shakles/hangers. :help:

M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I have 20's on my dakota and I was told a 2/4 kit would probably all that we could go with due to rubbbing issues. However, you could cut out your fender wells and then you could probably run whatever u like.

·
July Truck of the Month
8,227 Posts
Those 20s are gonna rain all over your parade for a 4/6, 3/5 may be possible with some wheel well fabrications. You'll even rub with a 2/4 because a guy at my school did it to his dak and had the same tires as you. I was stuck in the situation you are in now so I went with a 2/3 drop instead of taking a huge hit on new tires. Hope this helps some

D

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
thanks for ur help...i went to a shop and asked.....and they said that a 3/5 will not be a problem at all.....w/out cutting...so i should be set. If not, ill let you all know when its all said and done.

·
July Truck of the Month
8,227 Posts
Dont forget the before and after pics

D

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
ill take before/after pics for sure!!.....ive gotten over 100 pics already of my truck...yeah, i like taking pictures ALOT. with my durango i had, i have over 300 still on my computer. LOL. crazy, i tell ya

·
July Truck of the Month
8,227 Posts
Well lets see some of the old D too. All of us here love pics lol

·
Drop and destroy!!
404 Posts
Jay,

:stick: There is no way you are going to get a 3" drop out front running that rubber. A 255/50R20 tire is 30" tall. I'm running 255/35R20's on 20 X 9 rims on my truck which are only 27" tall and they will, on occasion, rub the under side of my fender lips out front. You don't have any worries out back but the front is definately going to be an issue.

:nono: And cutting out the fender wells to accomadate your tires won't do you a lick of good unless your wheel offset is such that it will put the tire and rim inboard enough to clear the fender lips.

A 5" drop in the rear will also require a mild C-notch in the frame for clearance of the rear axle.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts