Dakota Durango Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
3,114 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
finally got the time to install the lowering kit on my truck. it is a belltech kit with coils and leafsprings. im still using stock shocks and my tires are 275/55/17's. it rides pretty good, and i dont rub at all. i left the stock bumpstops in the rear and put some smaller ones up front. here is the only pic i have for now. i may go alittle lower when i get different tires.

Reactions: mthandt and SynRG

·
Se habla Español.
1,424 Posts
Beautiful

I'm running the same size tires.

·
Registered
3,114 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Beautiful

I'm running the same size tires.
looks good :clap2:
It's a very good stance with those 4x4 tires.

Lookin good!

Thanks!!

the stance fits the tires,don't change a thing.
i like the way it sits now, but there are alot more tire selections in different sizes. these tires are alittle to big looking for the front, so i think i will go with something smaller up front. i would still like to keep 275's all around though. i was thinking of going with 275/50/17's up front.

·
Se habla Español.
1,424 Posts
Thanks!!

i like the way it sits now, but there are alot more tire selections in different sizes. these tires are alittle to big looking for the front, so i think i will go with something smaller up front. i would still like to keep 275's all around though. i was thinking of going with 275/50/17's up front.
50 series would def look better up front.

·
Registered
273 Posts
I am interested in lowereing mine. Is this the best route since the Hotchkis TVS is not available anymore? Also where can I find this kit?
Thanks

·
Sean Muthafuckin' Smith
1,987 Posts
finally got the time to install the lowering kit on my truck. it is a belltech kit with coils and leafsprings. im still using stock shocks and my tires are 275/55/17's. it rides pretty good, and i dont rub at all. i left the stock bumpstops in the rear and put some smaller ones up front. here is the only pic i have for now. i may go alittle lower when i get different tires.

really? when i got the belltech 2" drop coils put on my r/t with 275/55R17s i bottomed out everywhere! too tall of a profile up front. and that was with the stock bump stops and shocks. my tires rubbed th living shit outta my wheel wells/fender flares.. i feel like my gappin between the tires and wheel well were a lot closer than urs too... ive switched over to 275/50R17s in the front and on big bumps/dips i can hear the tires scrape just a tad up top

looks good btw!!

·
Registered
3,114 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
really? when i got the belltech 2" drop coils put on my r/t with 275/55R17s i bottomed out everywhere! too tall of a profile up front. and that was with the stock bump stops and shocks. my tires rubbed th living shit outta my wheel wells/fender flares.. i feel like my gappin between the tires and wheel well were a lot closer than urs too... ive switched over to 275/50R17s in the front and on big bumps/dips i can hear the tires scrape just a tad up top

looks good btw!!
if i didnt change front bumpstops, the truck would have been sitting on them in the front. my tires will not hit my fender flare. the bumpstop is about an inch away from touching, so i have a little room. maybe you got some springs from a v6:huh:

·
"Praise the Lowered"
861 Posts
i hate seeing your palm trees and knowing you did this thru january. while my truck has salt sitting on it.
Looks good. I think some little day projects like painting the door handles and mirrors would finish it off nicely.

·
Sean Muthafuckin' Smith
1,987 Posts
if i didnt change front bumpstops, the truck would have been sitting on them in the front. my tires will not hit my fender flare. the bumpstop is about an inch away from touching, so i have a little room. maybe you got some springs from a v6:huh:
nah mine are th belltech springs for the r/t.. i just remembered that i did cut my bumpstops a lil bit so maybe thats why.. o well, more power to ya! :mullet:

1 - 16 of 16 Posts