Dakota Durango Forum banner

1 - 20 of 89 Posts

·
Registered
575 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking for pictures and info of how much of a drop,and what parts used to achieve the new stance,things like if you used spindles or springs or both.Blocks or hangers out back,and finally what size tires front and rear.Oh,and were sway bars added.

Trying to get a more comprehensive list of what it takes to arrive at a certain look.My '96 is stock height for now,and i've been thinking about changing that.

·
Just a poor shlep......
625 Posts

·
Just a poor shlep......
625 Posts
Forgot a picture as of this past summer....

·
Registered
575 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks!
Been through search,just trying to get a more comprehensive,all in one place kinda thing going.
Looks good!

·
<---1 of none!
6,583 Posts
I used 2 "drop spindles on the front and a 4" hanger kit out back. these are all Belltech parts but i got them all off a donor truck as well as a bunch of other stuff for $400. My son and I split the purchase cost of the truck and then raped it for almost everything. then sold the parts we didnt use and the rest of what was left and actually came out $300 ahead not including the parts we took for ourselves.

Tire size is 245 55 18 here is the link to a bunch of pics of it

http://www.dakota-durango.com/forum/garage.php?do=editvehicle&v=1059

·
Registered
575 Posts
Discussion Starter #8

Belltech 2in spindles and belltech hanger set 4in.
What tires?

Thats what i'm going for with mine but wonder if my 255/50-17's I have on all 4 corners will have issues on the nose.

·
Registered
495 Posts
What tires?

Thats what i'm going for with mine but wonder if my 255/50-17's I have on all 4 corners will have issues on the nose.[/QUOTE]

275/40/17 nitto nt555 on the front and a 315/35/17 nitto nt555 on the rear.

·
Outlaws Phone Warden
12,864 Posts
Mine isnt lowered at all but it looks like it is...lol 235/60/15 fronts and 275/60/15 rears...stock suspension...

·
Registered
575 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Mine isnt lowered at all but it looks like it is...lol 235/60/15 fronts and 275/60/15 rears...stock suspension...

Good looking truck!
Need to find that lower valence for under my bumper.
Mine has the big cow catcher on it,and I'm not completely sold on the look...

·
408,R3,Indy Heads,Twin66s
2,743 Posts
Eibach 2.5" springs up front and Western Chassis 2" Drop out back with Caltrac 2" monoleaf springs.

·
Outlaws Phone Warden
12,864 Posts
Good looking truck!
Need to find that lower valence for under my bumper.
Mine has the big cow catcher on it,and I'm not completely sold on the look...
Thanks!those wheels were a score off the forum here...LOL local guy had em up for 120, i ended up picking them up from him, and have 250 in the powdercoat...pics dont do the PC Justice either...its a matte gray, but it has metal flake....LOL i do have center caps too, they have been on the passenger floorboard for about 2 months now....LOL

·
Registered
575 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
What is that white stuff all over?!?!?!

I grew up in western Pa.,and don't miss that shizz at all!

·
Registered
903 Posts

2 inch v6 drop.springs they dropped like 4 inches I think 4 inch blocks in the rear with the hangers moved up.an inch

·
408,R3,Indy Heads,Twin66s
2,743 Posts
Nice stance!
Hows the mono leaf feel under it?
It plants the rear pretty good with those and the Caltracs. They ride ok, but with the Caltracs adjusted up it's rough no matter what. Also I have Bilstien shocks which are pretty stiff.

1 - 20 of 89 Posts