Dakota Durango Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Let me know what you think ... the shot is not great .. took me about 10 minutes to install and cut and all .... I'm happy :biggthump

J

·
0 Posts
I think it looks good. Whats the secert to get the bottom cover off. Havent really looked yet. I just know it's there.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I opened the hood ... access to the lower section is right there ... I cut my piece of mesh 5" by 30" (rectangular) and then slipped a few RED TIE-WRAPS and looped them around the original grille openeing .... voila ! Done ... took a whole fat 10 minutes or so ! I will try and get better shots of it this weekend ... as you can see I did those at night !

ciao for now
RT/Ralphis :banana2:

·
Registered
1,816 Posts
What kind of material are using for the grille?

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Stainless piece of mesh, I would say about 1/16 till about 1/8 think ... It was a bitch to cut ... funny part in all of this ... found this in the trash about 2 years ago ... used some on my Jeep Grand Cherokee and now on the Durango !

I will try and get some pics from the Grand also ..... as mentioned, will get better pics of it this weekend and post it up for you guys to look at !

·
Registered
1,816 Posts
I've got some of that material around. It's pretty heavy stuff and I thought that it would reduce the airflow too much, probably somewheres in the area of 40-50%. Looks good though.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I do not think (personally) that it will restrict airflow that much .... there is a WACK of it coming in from the TOP ... I doubt 50% ... more like 1% .... :biggthump But then again ... time will tell !

Ciao for now .

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
So far so good ... no change in TEMP ... it's been extremly HOT AND HUMID here for the past week and no changes in TEMP :biggthump

S

·
0 Posts
front grill

how did you take out the black grill stock insert without breaking it? It looks clued in... Also where can i buy some mesh? Im in sandiego ca.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
scottd1975 said:
how did you take out the black grill stock insert without breaking it? It looks clued in... Also where can i buy some mesh? Im in sandiego ca.
Scott ..... I did not take anything off at the bottom section .... I simply slipped the mesh underneath ..... and tied it down with RED tie-wraps.
As far as the top grille, I plan on going behind the black grille and not cutting anything out ... we will see this weekend If I have time to complete it ...
check out ....

http://photobucket.com/albums/a306/RTRalphis/

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Mine modded out ... defllector painted and back grille FRONT added with homebrew hood latch .... I love it !

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Dude .... I homebrewed mine and it is working like a charm ! You want to see pics ?

·
Registered
149 Posts
Looks awesome!

I'd love to see pics of the homebrew hood latch. Might inspire me to actually do this.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts