Dakota Durango Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
257 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My truck has a low RPM studder about it, from idle if you push the pedal down, not hard but just kind of rez it up easy, it has a studder at first, I can feel it some when I'm driving it but on hard throttle, nothing, it flat screams! any ideas guys, theres no codes in the system, it has a mopar hot computor, under drive pulleys, K&N filter and headers, I put the headers on last week and it was doing it before that. Little help here if you can. Its a 95, 318, 5 speed 2wd.

·
I bleev u have mai staplr
3,018 Posts
Sounds like moisture in the distributor cap. Maybe not, but just in case, spray some brake cleaner in there to dry it out. Wait about 10 minutes then hold a lighter in it to make sure all the fumes are out before you put it back on, Or you'll crack it the first spark. *Boom*

Could be bad gas too? Not quite sure, just a few ideas.

·
Registered
257 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
mopar rt said:
Sounds like a bad wire or plug. Maybe you bumped a plug when installing the headers or pulled a wire loose from the connector?[/QUOTE

No, it was like that before I installed the headers, I noticed today when I came home from work, the studder was there when I started it but once I was home and the truck was warmed up nice, no studder when I rezzed it up from idle, what ever it is, is there mainly at started up when the motor is cold.

·
I'm Retired!
483 Posts
wow, I just posted something about this like two days ago. Mine seems to do it in between 1500-2100rpm the most. Everynow now and then a studder under and above. This just started after I got all my valve lash set. However, I'm still beating the shit out of it, getting the PCM adjusted to the new settings and camshaft. After a while of RACING it on the highway and various other illegal places, its seems to calm down and not do it AS MUCH. What I'm gonna go check for is loose wires, and more importantly -- running too lean. So I'm gonna rip my plugs out and see if they're ghost white. If anything, just adjust the ignition and make sure everything is nice and tight. Anyone else notice crackling out their exhaust pipe, sometimes while driving at a constant speed, but mostly on deceleration. If I figure it out, I'll be sure to let you all know.

·
G.F.Y racing president
6,587 Posts
na360rt said:
wow, I just posted something about this like two days ago. Mine seems to do it in between 1500-2100rpm the most. Everynow now and then a studder under and above. This just started after I got all my valve lash set. However, I'm still beating the shit out of it, getting the PCM adjusted to the new settings and camshaft. After a while of RACING it on the highway and various other illegal places, its seems to calm down and not do it AS MUCH. What I'm gonna go check for is loose wires, and more importantly -- running too lean. So I'm gonna rip my plugs out and see if they're ghost white. If anything, just adjust the ignition and make sure everything is nice and tight. Anyone else notice crackling out their exhaust pipe, sometimes while driving at a constant speed, but mostly on deceleration. If I figure it out, I'll be sure to let you all know.
that crackling you hear is spent gas that isnt really spent, firing back up im guessing. if i were you, id look into getting the exhaust ceramic coated. this will keep the exhaust hotter inside the tubes, cooler under the hood, and aid in flow characteristics too. the hotter the exhaust (to a point) the easier it flows).

·
Registered
462 Posts
Did the problem start after installing the Mopar PCM?

Some ideas.

Have the sync between the crank shaft sensor and the camshaft sensor checked. Should be at zero and can only be adjusted using a DRBIII
Scanner.

Did the idle change after all of the work was done?

Have you checked for a vacuum leak? That will cause a low RPM problem and popping in the exhaust.

·
People suck.
278 Posts
This might be a lil too obvious, but I haven't seen it suggested yet:

When's the last time you've changed the dist cap/rotor/sparkplugs/wires? Might help to try it.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.