Dakota Durango Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got a low idle problem. It seems to happen more when the engine is getting up to operating temperature, like at a stop light. Once and a while it will do it when it is up to temp. A couple of times I was driving and went to accelerate, it bogged down backfired through the throttle body and took off. when Idling the fast idle valve opens up, and drops manifold vac, and runs about 400 rpms. I shut it off and it fired right up. I have checked the fuel pressure,distributor, and alot of sensors. I am leaning on computer as the problem, but it doesn't throw any codes. I hate to buy one and not be it. I am very pleased with the dodge it has more than enough power to pull what I need and haul the family. Any ideas would be great.

Thanks

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Its a 1998 5.9 with 390 gears. I have cleaned the iac and it seems to work fine it kicks on when cold and when the ac is on. that was the first thing i had checked. Normally it Idles about 650 rpms...

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.