Dakota Durango Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
248 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok im going to try to word this the best way i can. Lol

When starting up my 02 4.7 slt+ sometimes it has a loud sound when accelerating. The sound goes away after it hits about 2500-3000rpm. And doesnt cone back unless i turn it off and restart after a while. It sort of sounds to the extent like how the late 80s early 90s s-10s with the 2.8 or 4.3s sound with the loud fan sound.

Anybody have a clue what it is?

I hope thats understandable, the s-10 v6 is the only other vehicle ive ever had that made this sound all the time

·
Registered
198 Posts
It's hard to tell from your description, but maybe engine fan. Fan clutch disengages after you get up enough speed to provide airflow through the radiator. Mine does that.

·
Registered
248 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
So normal? Wondering because it started doing it a few months ago. And it did it immediately sunday after starting it for the 1st time since jan.

And yes the sound is like when it starts running hot enough to kick on the fan. When driving once it hits about 15-20 mph it stops. Or when at idle if i rev it a bit it stops.

·
Registered
370 Posts
It's normal, just your clutch fan

Sent from my LG-MS910 using AutoGuide.Com Free App

·
Registered
248 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Maybe one day. Its not a dd so the much needed things come first. Needs a new caliper on the front ive been too busy and lazy to tackle it

·
Don't be "That Guy"
7,400 Posts
that's just the sound of the hamster screaming in protest because you woke him up and made him start running on the wheel. once he actually wakes up a little bit and loosens up some, he stops protesting and does his job.

it's normal.

but I suggest beating the shit out of him, or threatening him with rat poison instead of gerbil food

1 - 8 of 8 Posts