Dakota Durango Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought a Pacesetter Hi Flow Cat and it fell off because I figured a clamp would hold up until I could weld it the next day. It fell off at 90 mph and it's pretty much shit. Honeycomb is thrashed and cracked. My friend has a 2 in inlet/2 in outlet hi-flow cat that he can't use. If I knocked out the honeycomb from his cat and put it onto my 2.5 inch exhaust pipe, would the reduced pipe diameter make up for some of the backpressure I lose if I just cut the cat out? Running with no cat, I can really tell that I'm losing power. I'd appreciate a couple lines...

·
Registered
504 Posts
Not sure what your asking. Let me see if I got it. You are not running with a converter or muffler? If so the gutted converter with the smaller diameter inlet and outlet will make little difference in back pressure gain.

I’m surprised that your check engine light is not on since your not running with a cat. Your best bet is to weld on a new muffler and converter before you end up burning up the valves in those heads.

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Running with no cat can burn up your exhaust valves? Right now I'm running just a Dynomax race muffler. I am getting tired of the popping a little bit, but no, my check engine light isn't on. Thanks, man

1 - 3 of 3 Posts