Dakota Durango Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
2,551 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Welp, just got word one of my cousins has passed away, he was in Mexico, working, and caught the h1n1... They couldnt save him.. Real close to him, cant really think straight right now, full of anger, sadness.. We can clone animals but we cant cure the fuckin h1n1.. My dad is a mess, im holdin it together pretty well, my cousins parents are so out of it right now... It wasnt a cousin you see once a month or something, it was a cousin you grew up with, had your first beer you stole off your ol man together with.. So young, its ashame..

·
Registered
651 Posts
I feel you

Over the summer while I was away for 6 months for work and I lost one of my best friends. As in, me and this dude knew eachother 7 years, worked together for half of it, and were out at the bars 2-4 nights a week for a stretch. Or else if the gf was working late I usually killed time shooting the shit over beers a block away at his house until I got the 'honey, Im on my way' text and Id have to stumble home.

I felt really helpless and worthless to everybody being so far away when it happened. It felt like it would weigh on me the same forever. Always kept thinking if 1000 little quirks of fate went different, if Id been in the car to tell him to slow down and stop driving like an ass like I usually was... I pictured him at my wedding, pictured introducing him to my kids.

Now our crew can think back and laugh about good times and also be sad about it together from time to time. It gets to me but being around other people who understood helped move forward. I wish I could say it gets better but I can say the way people come together when these things happen gives everybody strenth and makes you feel more thankful for what's left. Whatever little things you can use to remind you of them help. My bud's name tag is always in my truck's center console and I got a photo of him on my wall now.

·
Registered
2,551 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yea, I cant stop thinkin bout it, its going to be hard at the funeral, I feel so bad for his parents as well, i cant imagine how they feel about having to burry there son.. He was an upstanding guy, (only 26) didnt deserve what happened. Had alot going for him, was due to come home in 6 months.. I dont understand why he had to go, all these mother fucking scumbags raping young children and shit get to live why not him...

·
Registered
651 Posts
Yep

Yea, I cant stop thinkin bout it, its going to be hard at the funeral, I feel so bad for his parents as well, i cant imagine how they feel about having to burry there son.. He was an upstanding guy, (only 26) didnt deserve what happened. Had alot going for him, was due to come home in 6 months.. I dont understand why he had to go, all these mother fucking scumbags raping young children and shit get to live why not him...

Natural things to feel. I hear all the time about people flying off the road and crashing into houses, rolling their cars over, getting into high speed head on collisions, etc... and wonder why people can walk away from stuff like that, while this guy misjudges a curve, hits a telephone pole, and doesn't make it.

Natural thoughts and part of the process but as much as you want that answer and understanding it doesn't come sometimes. And that is frustrating.

·
Registered
2,371 Posts
Sorry for your loss...there is nothing anyone can do or say that will make it feel any better - just remember the good times......

·
Banned
28,625 Posts
In before the move, where the hell would it move to, its in the off-topic.
bad news forum, as this certainly is bad news. truly sorry to hear about your loss, i am not trying to be an ass, believe me.

·
Dak-Dur 11th Most Wanted
12,282 Posts
Condolences to you and the rest of your family.

I hope some of the idiots on here saying that H1N1 is nothing to be afraid of are reading these threads because it sure is affecting REAL PEOPLE, not just someone far away on the news.

·
Banned
28,625 Posts
um more ppl still die from regular flu and this may be the case here as they have stopped testing for h1n1 as it is too expensive and takes too long. All flu from what I have heard is being reported as h1n1

·
Registered
5,924 Posts
sorry about your loss dude, i hope you the very best, and be strong :)

B

·
0 Posts
Somehow missed this thread and I realize it's a little late, but I'm really sorry for your loss. Good friends, especially when they're family members, a very rare and hard to come by these days. Keep the good times in your heart and he will always be with you.

·
Currently embracing Fords
6,525 Posts
I know exactly how you feel bro. I lost one of my cousin's earlier this year and one my other ones when I was only 5. Those two were the closest in age to me so they were almost more like brothers than cousin's. I still about them alot, but I know they are watching me just as your cousin's watchin' you.

·
don't feed the bears
10,668 Posts
wtf.. you sent me that text, and i was shocked, and today i see this thread.. how did i miss it??

anyway im sorry man i hope its a little easier today then it was last week. hang in there if you need anythign you know where i am.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts