Dakota Durango Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
D

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 1998 Durango SLT Plus 5.2L with 58000 miles on it, I am the only owner, bought it in March of 1998..

I am losing about a quart of oil every 100 to 150 miles. There are no oil leaks and I don't see any smoke coming out of the exhaust, I would notice if it was burning that much oil. Recently I had the oil pan dropped and cleaned because of all the sludge that these engines build up for some reason. I noticed the oil consumption before the cleaning, I have to put about 2 quarts in every fill up. Where can the oil be going?? I also drained the radiator to see if any is in there but there wasn't, I figure it has to be burning it but why don't I see it?? I used Quaker state syntec for the first five years until all the sludge (thought that was the reason for it) and now I use penzoil 10-30w. The oil consumption is the same........ Any ideas....

·
It's not my fault!
555 Posts
I say blown intake gasket. Take off your airhat, open the throttle bores and look inside with a flash light. It will be pretty obvious if the intake is blown. Mine was blown for a good amount of time and never smoked a great deal either. Make sure the engine is off when you do this as well.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts