Dakota Durango Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 1999 Durango 5.9L I dont know like a lot about the different exhaust types and brands and which is better than others.... but i do know i would like a low nice rumble when idleing and taking off.
Does anyone know of exhaust systems that are like that??
I know of Borla, Gibson, Magnaflow, and flowmaster but out f those which has the best sound and performance?
Also do you know where to find sound clips or other information?

Thanks

·
Gen I FTW
6,010 Posts
my father has a gibson on his ram1500 and i had one on my R/T, awesome sound, but gibson systems are a little pricey. you also mentioned borla. i have no experience with that particular system, but once again they are little pricey, but the set-ups i've heard are very good. magnaflow is a good bang for the buck. i'm actually putting a magnaflow muffler on my truck once it comes in next week.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Do u own exhaust system. It comes out cheaper an better. I am doing high flow cat with 2.5 exhaust to a single chamber flow an finishing it off with a 5 inch wide tip

·
Armed and Dangerous
2,475 Posts
You may want to check out youtube, there are a lot of exhaust clips on there.

·
Registered
22 Posts
I have the Gibson 3" catback. It's been on my Durango for about 10 years, but is now rusting out because it is the "aluminized" version, not stainless. I have no complaints about this exhaust, other than the rust, and I will either replace with the same or go with the Magnaflow 15621 which is a little cheaper.

·
Registered
2,698 Posts
Save yourself some money. You don't need to purchase a cat back kit. The stock pipes are stainless and it is a smooth bend over the rear axle. Just get the muffler of your chocie and have a shop add it in or if you want, tou can get some straight sections and clamps and do it all your.self

·
Registered
1,228 Posts
Do u own exhaust system. It comes out cheaper an better. I am doing high flow cat with 2.5 exhaust to a single chamber flow an finishing it off with a 5 inch wide tip
this aint no diesel brother. lol 5 inch tips? damn. thats big.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts