Dakota Durango Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
H

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have 3.55 with 33" pro comps and am thinking about going to 4.56. Does any one know if they make the 4.56 for the front of an 02 Dak? And if not, maybe 4.10. Give me any suggestions you may have on type, size, and performance effects. All comments welcome good or bad.

J

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Not sure if your Dak is the same as my 98 Durango but I need a new carrier for the front to put in 4.56s but 4.10s will work with the carrier I have. I have 3.55s and I'm deciding between 4.10s and 4.56s myself. I have been told that 4.10s are for 33s and 4.56s are for 35s. I'm looking at the Rancho lift and then put 35s and 4.56s in but that is a ton of money.

H

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanks for the info. I don't know much about IFS and am trying to learn what I can before I buy. I went to 4wheel parts yesturday and they couldn't tell what equipment I have. I do know I have 3.55, standard rotation transfer, and 205 mm axles, but thats all I know.

·
Registered
75 Posts
front diff is a 7.25 corporate if that helps. if you actually go wheeling I wouldn't go bigger than 33's. 35's really streach the strenght limits of the 7.25 diff's

H

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I'm glad to see someone that can help me out. I went to the service department at the local dodge stealership, and those guys could only tell me that it was a 205mm axle and 3.55 gears, all that I already know. I told him I wanted to change the gears and he tried to sell me 3.55 again for $734. I had to hatingly laugh and walk out. But thanks for the help

1 - 5 of 5 Posts