Dakota Durango Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi all, I am a long time lurker to this forum, but have a question for you all. My wife and I currently own a 2002 Dakota Quad Cab SLT, and we love it. We are looking at a 2000 Durango but I would like some informed/educated opinions on it and the price.

Here are the stats:
2000 Durango SLT
Navy Blue Grey Cloth w/ 3rd Row, power driver seat
5.9L 50,488 miles
2wd 15" wheels
AM/FM Cassette
P/W, P/L
No overhead console
Asking is $13,700.00

The body and interior are clean (the interior needs to be detailed, but good besides that). The windows seem to work good as do the seats (no apparent track problems). This is at my local credit union, and I am not 100% on their policy of pricing.

What do you all think, what is the value of this? According to Edmunds as equiped price is 10,200 (trade-in) 11,700 (Private) and 13,200 (retail). Is this one that should be avoided, or is it good at this price or another price?

Thanks all, Brian

Sorry I spaced on the year, it is a 2000, not a '02.

·
Premium Member
1,544 Posts
There are only two things that would make me wanna walk away... and it's a combo of the two things.

the year... 2002(not saying its a bad year... cause it isn't) and the milage. 50K is quite a bit for two years. In my book it seems like a pretty good price... down here in texas people would probably pay a good 15 for that truck.

With that many miles... you REALLY need to check the front ball joints... lowers and uppers... I think ball joints are only good for 40K with these dakotas/durangos.

Just check up on things, and look at that beast of an engine... check for any leaks or anything.

Paul

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I screwed up the year, it is a 2000, not a 2002, big difference, sorry for the confusion.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Okay thanks for the reply. The credit union will not negotiate on the price so I will skip it. I need to know everyone's opinion on the amount of markdown a dealer will accept on used? I am trying to find out as much info as I can going in. Also what does everyone think of the pricing provided by Edmunds or KBB? Are these accurate or way off?

·
Premium Member
9,131 Posts
I don't know if this tells you anything but:

When I bought my 98 eclipse GST I think they both listed it around 14K but the thing is my bank ( the credit union) has to apprasie the car to see how much it's worth. So i took it to them and they appraised it at 16K!! (NADA valueis whay they go by)

I ended up buying it from the lady cause she really wanted to get rid of it cause she got her real estate license and had been trying to sell it for a while and I got it for 11,500. Well i wanted to sell it and make money off of it after i got it for that but I tell you that car is Soooo fun to drive!!!!!!!

·
Premium Member
9,131 Posts
Ohh and if you have a trade in most stealerships go KBB around here but no matter how great of condition your cars in they said that they could only do "Fair condition" :rant: I decided at one time to trade in my eclipse for the turbo lancer when it came out, but they popped that bubble real quick

1 - 6 of 6 Posts