Dakota Durango Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
33" tires + 6 lift = Fun
309 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok so i want to add more power and mainly torque to my truck, eventually i'm going to go F/I but for now just looking for some bolt on peices (such as a bored TB) what items are out there for the 4.7l? i'd like to give the engine a good cam but i'm honestly not sure what that takes to do. i'm looking for little weekend projects, nothing that will require alot of motor work.

·
Ugliest Truck on here!!!
8,951 Posts
If you decide to get a new cam.... get 2.... you'll understand why.

·
33" tires + 6 lift = Fun
309 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
to explain, the 4.7 is an overhead cam motor. You have one under each valve cover
ah yeah i was gonna check on that. what does that do.. sorry for the noob question.. don't know alot about engine building.. i mean i can replace any part.. but i don't know much about the specifics of things. it changes the timing a little bit right

·
1700 + 1/4 mile passes
27,277 Posts
ah yeah i was gonna check on that. what does that do.. sorry for the noob question.. don't know alot about engine building.. i mean i can replace any part.. but i don't know much about the specifics of things. it changes the timing a little bit right
it changes the amount of time the valves stay open and close and when they open and close

1 - 12 of 12 Posts