Dakota Durango Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hello All
I'm new to this board and I'm looking for some info to help me make a decission with my 88.
What I have right now is a 88 LE 2WD SB V6 auto with 2.94 gears. The V6 has always been anemice to me, I'm the original owner. A couple years ago I picked up a B&M blower for it and I really like it. I went from almost 20 sec's in the 1/4 to 16.91, that with the original motor with 110k on it. I was thinking about doing another V6 with some things done it.
My problem is doing the V6 and the blower would be just about as much as putting a crate motor in it.
Now, finally, to the questions. Anybody ever had good or bad experiences with the 300 hp crate in everyday use? What about cooling (radiator, water pump)? Air conditioning? Anything else? any help would be appreciated. Thanks

·
Registered
504 Posts
I’m not sure which crate your talking about but if your looking at the 5.9 then my thoughts would be to go with the Mopar crate. They come in a few different set ups and are very dependable for daily driving if set up correctly.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts