Dakota Durango Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
5,697 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I see some nice looking bumper covers out there, but I want something not too flashy. Basically, with the mods I am doing, it wouldn't be right to keep the front end stock. It wouldn't bother me, but if I am going to show this truck, I need to take stuff like this into consideration.

I want to keep my fogs, and have something that looks a little different, but not wild. I really like the Sniper kit, but I don't think it would look good on a truck that's not in the grass. Anyone have one on a truck that's not lowered? I'd love to see a pic. Any other suggestions are appreciated, especially with pics. Is there a list of these, similar to the list of all the hoods?

I am keeping the suspension all stock height, but putting some big wheels, 18-20", depending on what I can find. It'll be getting the Shaker hood, clear lenses, (maybe M3 mirrors?), and I am removing the decals. Grill inserts and badges from the new Durango, along with a nice V8 badge is also in the plans.

If I can find billet outside door handles, I want them. Anybody making these? I know there was something about interior ones, but I haven't seen any for the exterior.

That should be about it for the exterior, save for a cut and polish, and dual pipes out the back.

·
Registered
1,053 Posts
Everything sounds good except the M3 mirrors....check out the ones from SS. Alot of guys have my bumper cover, but I'm the only one in my city who gots it. :biggthump

P.S. I'm at stock height, and in bad need of fog lights, I'm just too scared to cut the holes.

·
Premium Member
1,544 Posts
BlackDak said:
I see some nice looking bumper covers out there, but I want something not too flashy. Basically, with the mods I am doing, it wouldn't be right to keep the front end stock. It wouldn't bother me, but if I am going to show this truck, I need to take stuff like this into consideration.

I want to keep my fogs, and have something that looks a little different, but not wild. I really like the Sniper kit, but I don't think it would look good on a truck that's not in the grass. Anyone have one on a truck that's not lowered? I'd love to see a pic. Any other suggestions are appreciated, especially with pics. Is there a list of these, similar to the list of all the hoods?

I am keeping the suspension all stock height, but putting some big wheels, 18-20", depending on what I can find. It'll be getting the Shaker hood, clear lenses, (maybe M3 mirrors?), and I am removing the decals. Grill inserts and badges from the new Durango, along with a nice V8 badge is also in the plans.

If I can find billet outside door handles, I want them. Anybody making these? I know there was something about interior ones, but I haven't seen any for the exterior.

That should be about it for the exterior, save for a cut and polish, and dual pipes out the back.

The bumper that I suggest would be the Street Scene ... the Gen II one would look great... thats the one I plan on getting. It's more roundy... not so squared off.... roundy makes it look more stock but also be more sporty in the same sense.... hard to explain that one.

Keeping the suspension stock is definately a different way to go at a show truck... usually the suspension sets the vehicle off... maybe it being stock will make it stand out in the croud.... good thinking... perhaps...

Ummm.... as for the M3 mirrors... I would scratch that Idea... REAL quick... they look GAY... IMO. Plus... you can just get your oem mirrors painted real nice.

As for exterior handles in billet forum..... nope... no can do... scratch that off as well... they don't make em'.... they... as in no one!

Paul

·
Registered
5,697 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
So no M3 mirrors, huh? Have a link to the SS ones? Do they have the blinkers on them? That is what caught my eye with the M3 ones.

As far as the suspension, I have always lovd the way the SUV's look with big wheels and stock ride height. I figure if I go big enough with the wheel/tire combo, it won't look funny not being lowered. I am leaning more towards the 20's for this reason.

·
Registered
1,053 Posts

·
Registered
5,099 Posts
MoparREVolution said:
http://www.stylinconcepts.com/parts.cfm?brand=&brandid=0&categoryid=25&color=&filterword=&iconview=0&orderby=0&partfamilyid=171&subcategoryid=150

There's a link with pics and prices. Some are manual, some are power, some are heated, some have blinker on the glass, some have blinker on the outside with all different prices. Make sure you read the description properly before buying.
What bumber cover do you have? and what year is your truck? Does that bumper comer go over the stock bumper cover, I want one for my 2004 SXT, but I want it to fit nice and I love the one you have

·
Registered
2,201 Posts
sounds like you have it all thought out.
street scene mirrors are nice, but they cost. MP3's are ok
it's about what you like. as far as bumpers go I kinda dig the shelby setup :biggthump

if you plan on change'n your front bumper why are you worried about fogs?
get a door knob cutter from home depot 4" a go for it. If you F it up you'll just be getting the new bumper sooner :biggthump

·
Registered
1,053 Posts
MiniMotoRider said:
What bumber cover do you have? and what year is your truck? Does that bumper comer go over the stock bumper cover, I want one for my 2004 SXT, but I want it to fit nice and I love the one you have
Cover is from STILLEN....you can get a good deal from Sam over at SoCalDakotas.com.....give him a call or email em, the Stillen isn't listed on the site but he sells them.....tell em we here at Dakota-Durango sent you over. My truck is a 97.....and yes it goes over the whole stock front end, the bumper and the lower valance.....and it should fit your 04 just as good. Good luck!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts