Dakota Durango Forum banner

1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Dak-Dur 11th Most Wanted
12,282 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
http://www.lithia.com/index.cfm?act...nventoryID=17750780&vehicle=2000_Dodge_Dakota

Was looking for a Quad Cab, but the local dealer found me this one in North Dakota. LOVE the look. Also for the miles and such, it seems like a halfway decent price from a dealer anyway. Always room to work though. Anyway, what's it look like to you and what do you think I should pay? Also don't come in and tell me a low ball 4 grand or something...lol. From my research around Montana, this looks to be fairly average priced. Everywhere I look Daks are flying off the lots. I try to call on Craigslist ads and they seem to be sold within 3 or 4 days of even being posted.

Anywho. I'll let you talk now.

·
Pre-Teen Giggle Brigade
6,840 Posts
maybe if the silver was black..... and the taillight covers went bye bye.....they total either of ur trucks?

·
Dak-Dur 11th Most Wanted
12,282 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
maybe if the silver was black..... and the taillight covers went bye bye.....they total either of ur trucks?
Yeah the two tone looks.....interesting. But I do like the taillight covers.

Major thing concerning me at the moment is that it has been from Wisconsin, Minnesota and South Dakota, all of which use salt on highways. Also was in North Dakota for the last 33,000 miles, but they haven't been using salt during those years.

·
Dak-Dur 11th Most Wanted
12,282 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Oh yeah, Dak is totaled. Engine is toast. Durango is in the shop this week. Hopefully I'll have it back by Monday, but maybe later in the week. We'll see.

·
Dak-Dur 11th Most Wanted
12,282 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Get it and paint the trim black. That is exactly what I wan't my truck to look like. Shame it's an auto though...
I'm not real picky, but I'd probably rather have an auto.

I think it would look good with black trim too. Maybe I could just rattle can it :funny: j/k btw

·
Registered
429 Posts
I have always liked the sport look in the Amber Fire trucks.

·
Super Moderator
79,419 Posts
Looks to be in pretty nice shape for a 2000 with 118k on the clock. Would make a nice DD. Price doesn't seem too bad.

·
Registered
500 Posts
its hard to tell but is the paint bubbled like its got rust under it in the 23rd pic under the V8 badge?

·
Registered
1,229 Posts
The two tone would be a deal breaker for me. I would have to have it all painted amberfire. I thought i remembered you saying you have a kid that slept through the accident in the durango? Ever try getting a sleeping baby in and out of the back of a CC? Its the reason why I have a car now.

·
Dak-Dur 11th Most Wanted
12,282 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
The two tone would be a deal breaker for me. I would have to have it all painted amberfire. I thought i remembered you saying you have a kid that slept through the accident in the durango? Ever try getting a sleeping baby in and out of the back of a CC? Its the reason why I have a car now.
LOL, I know exactly what you are saying. The other one was a CC. But he's 3 now so not exactly a sleeping "baby". Actually both my kids are kind of light sleepers, they wake right up when we stop, yet slept through the accident. Weird I know. Thankfully when we need to travel we have the Durango, yet when worse comes to worse, all 4 of us fit into the CC. I'd like a QC, but #1, I haven't found any I really like, #2, it would just be more room to get all messy and filled with junk....HA.

lose the visor and the tail light covers and not a bad looking truck
I dig em both. A lot. Different strokes for different folks. :D
But with a few guys now saying they don't like that look, I'll be wondering now. Although I do honestly love it.

·
Stock Lookin'
3,040 Posts
I think you should get a 01+ because of the updated interior and find yourself a quad cab. I personally think they look better than the CC. But the amber fire looks great man.

·
Banned
25,820 Posts
I think you should get a 01+ because of the updated interior and find yourself a quad cab. I personally think they look better than the CC. But the amber fire looks great man.
I do not agree, 01+ don't match body lines at all!

I'm wondering how the hell it made it to the show room floor!

It would look beeter with a two tone of black then silver.

·
Dak-Dur 11th Most Wanted
12,282 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Been looking. Can't really find one in my price range. And especially nothing jumps out at me as far as looks like this amberfire one does.

I do not agree, 01+ don't match body lines at all!

I'm wondering how the hell it made it to the show room floor!

It would look beter with a two tone of black then silver.
They probably just took it in there to take pics. Either that or it IS in that good of condition. Not sure what the deal is. And I agree, the black would look better. But it's not *ugly*. Right?

·
I hate you people.
2,831 Posts
Do a thorough check of the frame if it has been in those states you listed. With that many miles, there is bound to be some major rust somewhere on the frame and that is a project in of itself, just ask kasviegil, hes been POR-15'ing his frame on his CC for a couple months now.

·
Rock Crawler
483 Posts
I wouldn't give them a penny over $6200. I paid $5,000 for mine in Oct, similarly equipped/milage to the one you're looking at. Be patient and keep looking..a much better deal will arise. You'll thank yourself.

1 - 20 of 40 Posts