Registered
2,884 Posts
garbage!!

J/K

·
elpoepdiputskcuf
2,493 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
would it do me any good to buy a timing set w/ the adjustable cam timing? or should i just install and line up timing marks?

·
Home School Valedictorian
4,251 Posts
Buying a used cam from ebay is risky. Good luck!

·
Registered Loser
2,342 Posts
would it do me any good to buy a timing set w/ the adjustable cam timing? or should i just install and line up timing marks?
If you're dead set on using this cam, just line up the dots.
You could have a machine shop check the springs, just to make sure they're all OK. It shouldn't cost but a few bucks.

Have you ever installed a cam before?

·
Registered
1,649 Posts
i don't recognize the part #,what cam is it ?
R/T cam.

R/T has that stigma attaced to it...Some guys still sell stock Magnum heads as R/T heads because they came off their Dakota R/T.

Not saying the R/T cam is a stock Magnum cam, but for the hassel/expense of doing a cam swap...I wouldn't bother.

Like Alan said, the springs could be checked. And they should be.

·
Registered
2,884 Posts
i would have a shop degree the cam in i lined mine up dot to dot and it was 12* out. i had v2p clearance problems once they degreed it in not even close.

·
Registered
1,649 Posts
i would have a shop degree the cam in i lined mine up dot to dot and it was 12* out. i had v2p clearance problems once they degreed it in not even close.
Hell yeah, degree it in.

·
lost in translation
4,032 Posts
dave you talking bought the r/t 10 cam?thats what i have,and i dont have to have spring's and such just to run it..ehh,,least i think i dont..

·
Registered
1,649 Posts
dave you talking bought the r/t 10 cam?thats what i have,and i dont have to have spring's and such just to run it..ehh,,least i think i dont..
I'm not a cam expert...But when I first bought my R/T in 2004, everyone basically said that to run 1.7 rockers, it was best to run .525 springs..Install a cam, run .600 springs.

Last thing you want is to run is worn out springs, stock or not on any cam, & the "bigger" the cam, the more you have to worry because the higher you have to spin the motor to get into the power range.

·
elpoepdiputskcuf
2,493 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
The only cam I've put in was in my v6 truck when I hd it. Shatterd a lifter at about 250k miles. And I know its not that badass of a cam. If I had a play truck I'd step it up a notch but I have to keep mpg in mind and it might be doing sum pulling as well.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts