Dakota Durango Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
583 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
anyone here know of somebody that has tried it? i think it would be frikin awesome, but i dont have the necessary skills to try this myself yet..... i would love to run some baja type fenders with some 33's and actually have the tires stick out as far as the fenders..... that would be sweet! i imagine it would take a fair amount of custom building, but just thought i would check to see if anyone else has tried it yet.

·
Registered
583 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
yeah, that looks awesome, but......... i want to keep the 4 wheel drive.... which is where the problem comes in.....

·
Registered
569 Posts
I am currently sourcing parts for this. The plan is to use Ram 1500 CV shafts since they share the same front diff as the Dakotas. Fab my own upper and lower a-arms.

·
Registered
583 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
i was actually just thinking the same basic idea the other day..... could you just use the ram control arms? havent really had time to research this much yet....

·
Registered
569 Posts
I just got a line on parts from a 2003 Ram. Gonna try and pick them up this weekend.

·
Sicky Gnar Gnar
579 Posts
Ive mentioned this in a couple other threads I believe but theres a shop in Norcal called Indie Fab thats supposed to be making a 4x4 and 2wd long travel kit for a Dakota. Haven't talked to the guy in a while about any progress on it though...

·
Registered
583 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
long travel as in i would have the ability to do some 4 wheelin and not have to worry about not having any flex, but still have the road manners of the IFS... I just dont think doing the SAS would be worth it for me... im ony looking for about 4 inches or so.... im not wanting to run anything bigger than a 33" tire.....

·
Registered
81 Posts
Ive mentioned this in a couple other threads I believe but theres a shop in Norcal called Indie Fab thats supposed to be making a 4x4 and 2wd long travel kit for a Dakota. Haven't talked to the guy in a while about any progress on it though...
Hey, can you post the shop's info? Maybe we can get a group buy, meaning a bunch of Dakota owners to commit, and it might give the shop incentive to make the kit and complete the project.

·
Registered
194 Posts
Bringing this thread back to life. Indefab does some good work. If you guys want a 4x4 kit or a 2wd kit my buddy is always looking to do custom work. He did all the install on my Dakota and is willing to do a midtravel or longtravel kit for other dodge guys. Just needs a project truck. Let me know guys

·
Registered
69 Posts
Bringing this thread back to life. Indefab does some good work. If you guys want a 4x4 kit or a 2wd kit my buddy is always looking to do custom work. He did all the install on my Dakota and is willing to do a midtravel or longtravel kit for other dodge guys. Just needs a project truck. Let me know guys
Hey man im in Brea, CA down the road from you.. i have a 4x4 durango slt.. 2001 if hes really looking for a project

·
Registered
1,008 Posts
Hey man im in Brea, CA down the road from you.. i have a 4x4 durango slt.. 2001 if hes really looking for a project
I know he is, Dave's shop is in Scotts Valley above Santa Cruz. We were going to use my durango but I need it for the snow. I am by there almost weekly, if you are serious PM me your info and I will give him a call.

·
Registered
194 Posts
I know he is, Dave's shop is in Scotts Valley above Santa Cruz. We were going to use my durango but I need it for the snow. I am by there almost weekly, if you are serious PM me your info and I will give him a call.
He was talking to me bud about my fabricator not Indefab

·
Registered
81 Posts
Bump. This could have some momentum, eventhough its from February. I'd would be interested in more info, contacts....

·
Registered
2 Posts
I am looking for a sponsor! I have a very unique build I want to put long travel kit on. It's a 1941 dodge truck and it has a 2000 Dodge Dakota chassis under it. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts