Dakota Durango Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
The Anti-RUB
1,752 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey, a friend of mine suggested that I get LoJack installed in my '03 D (alot of D thefts in the surounding areas). I was wondering if anyone here has had it installed, and if anyone here has had their vehicle stolen with it installed (did you get it back etc)? Its $700 for the install, so I would want it to be worth it... Thanks...

G

·
my truck was stolin lo jack worked awsome but i got it for free my uncle dose the pations for them but even if i had to pay i would recomend it i had my truck in a half hour after i noticed it was gone :woot:

·
DANGURO5
165 Posts
I have lojack and i would recommend it to anyone who wants that extra security for their vehicle. my uncle had it in his car and it got stolen on a day that their system was down so they reimbursed him for all the damages. i also have it on my D and i parked illegally on night and when i woke up the car was missing. comes to find out my car was towed a couple blocks away (stoopid DC parking inforcement) and lojack helped to find it. i say go for it despite the price

G

·
tiggerweed said:
Viper alarm system an't that bad either and a little cheaper

Viper and LoJack are completely different systems. My opinion is if you don't live near another countries border.....by all means get the LoJack. Ive had a couple buddies retrieve their car in less than an hour w/ Lojack, but I also have a friend who realized too late their car was gone.......by then it was in Mexico. Thats the only problem with living in San Diego.

·
Registered
9 Posts
I have a similar system called Guidepoint. Basically the same idea. I don't know if Lojac has this, but mine has a 0.5 mile "security fence." Drive it from the point of origin, and you get a phone call from the center. I've even tested it, it works. I'd recommend a stolen vehicle locator of some kind.

·
Registered
826 Posts
DEI or Viper has the samething,GPS traking for the car (Durango)

Its about 700.00 installed,Will lock the doors or unlock,GEO fence as well,Set a waypoint (Home) and if the car gets a Preprogramed distance anway,It will noitify you (Celluar or E-mail),

Find a Lost-Misplaced Durango within 1 meter,Most work off GPS-Analog Celluar phone to locate the said Stolen car

Theres a FEE,Yearly and depends on the service

RICK

·
shake them babies
3,550 Posts
necro bump. :sorry:

i'm considering getting this... before i go balls out on more expensive bolt ons. i keep reading AZ is #1 in vehicle thefts, that bothers me. before i call 18004LOJACK, i wanna know what install costs would be... still at $700?

already invested in a viper 791, jimmijammers, club and autolock.

·
Registered
48 Posts
there are several aftermarket alarm systems that have g.p.s. security and are alot cheaper then lojack. Ive been installing them for the last 3 years and have had great results

·
Registered
2,979 Posts
most gps add ons are in the $300 range but are a simple 1 wire hookup to add
wouldn't that be a simple 1 wire disconnect to undo, then?
sorry, I have VERY little ie, NONE understanding of aftermarket alarm systems, so if someone wants to educate me, I'll listen

1 - 15 of 15 Posts