Dakota Durango Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 98 D that we do a lot of off-roading and overlanding in. I have been looking into lockers and I’ve found a lot of auto locker options, but I’m trying to find if there are any selectable lockers that fit. And if not, is there any option better than just throw an auto locker on the rear diff and hope it’s good enough?

· Registered
2004 dakota 4.7l cold air, cat back, 545rfe trans detroit locker on a 9.25 265/70r17
70 Posts
I have a 98 D that we do a lot of off-roading and overlanding in. I have been looking into lockers and I’ve found a lot of auto locker options, but I’m trying to find if there are any selectable lockers that fit. And if not, is there any option better than just throw an auto locker on the rear diff and hope it’s good enough?
ARB makes an air locker for the 8.25. If you have the 9.25 your limited to autolockers.

· Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks! I guess it’s also worth asking: if I do end up with auto lockers would it be a problem to do both front and rear? Would it be better to do just one? If so which one?

· Registered
2004 dakota 4.7l cold air, cat back, 545rfe trans detroit locker on a 9.25 265/70r17
70 Posts
Thanks! I guess it’s also worth asking: if I do end up with auto lockers would it be a problem to do both front and rear? Would it be better to do just one? If so which one?
Both is definitely beneficial but if I was to go with only one I'd go with the rear. I had a 9.25 detroit locker in the rear of my 04. Needs rebuilt right now. Might put it in my full size once its fixed. They're nice to have. Albiet a little noisy.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts