Dakota Durango Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

· Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey guys its my first time changing the oil on my dakota and i cant find where the pan is. i have a 4.7 v8 2002 reg cab. can anyone tell me the location? maybe a pic? i saw the oil filter and i thought it may be around there but i didnt see anything. any help is appreciated.

· July Truck of the Month
572 Posts
fazmik413 said:
*edited the quote*
We're not all like that man, sorry you ran into this mess. Hopefully your dak-dur experiences will be much better from now on :biggthump

· Boost.....coming soon :D
2,280 Posts
fazmik413 said:
*edited the quote*
:sorry: :sorry: :sorry: :sorry: :sorry:
There are some smart asses in this site (even i at times)....don't take anything personally, it's all fun and games. Like rich said, don't let it ruin your experiences here...This site is a one-in-a-million :biggthump

· Registered
1,673 Posts
Dude, did you get it figured out yet? That was unfair for everyone to slam you so hard like that. Everybody is new to this stuff at one point or another.

This site is usually a lot better than that, it was a bit embarrassing to read all that! Don't get a sour taste, this is the best Dakota site around.

One person did give you correct information. The oil pan is under and towards the rear of the engine, and the drain plug faces the rear of the truck.

I went outside (it was all wet from raining) and took a bunch of blind shots by sticking the camera under the truck and snapping pictures. I got ONE finally that showed the drain plug. Mine has a lot of shields and crap under there, makes it hard to directly see things.

This pic was taken from the passenger side, behind the front wheel.

Attachments

· Registered
462 Posts
Come on guys, a little fun never hurt anyone. Besides, if you drive a Dodge you have to have thick skin. I will apologize if I offended you in any way, but lighten up some. This web site has some great people and some outstanding information, don’t stop asking questions. :sorry:

· Banned
3,222 Posts
I am sorry if i offended you. I just figured it was pretty simple to find. first time I went under my truck. I saw a plug in a pan. so if I offended you then I apologize

just seems like a question from someone that knows nothing about working on cars :sorry:

· Boost.....coming soon :D
2,280 Posts
BlackDak said:
I really didn't mean to jump down anyone's throat, I just wanted to help him out!
And you prob. did :biggthump they're just apologizing for their posts from before.

· Premium Member
5,240 Posts
Even the most basic questions should be answered here with a minimum of bullshit - if you want to be immature go hang with the trolls at dd.com. :nono:

:lock:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.