Dakota Durango Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter #1
Wanting to order an air intake and they require the location on the IAT sensor. I have a 2000 dakota quad 4X4 and am not sure where it is located.

·
Premium Member
1,544 Posts
What they are trying to figure out is... whether you have a 4.7 ages 2000 to 2002, because in 2003, they started putting it in the air box... or air hat.. which ever you prefer.

You need to just pic the one that says neither... or something along those lines.

Is this off of the 360 Intakez board...?

Paul

·
Premium Member
1,544 Posts
dustin said:
yes it is off the 360 intake board--seems to be the intake of choice on this forum?
360 intakez are definately the best... I plan on getting one, but haven't gotten around to it.... I have heard ton's off good stuff tho.

If your 4.7 is 2002 or older, you won't have to worry about that. Just simply leave it as "Not in Resonator Box"

I hope this helps, if you have any other questions,... PM me, or just post on this thread.

Paul

G

·
Discussion Starter #5
I guess my only question is that I do not have a high flow-low restriction muffler on right now (just stock) and don't know whether putting an air intake on without the other is pointless?

·
Premium Member
1,544 Posts
It won't be pointless at all. Granted if you get an exhaust, it will help more.

Like you add the intake... this might add like 8 hp.... well if you have an exhaust, and then you add the intake... it will add 15 or so. cause both will work together, to get the full potential out of both.

I'd say go ahead and get it, so that later on when you get exhaust,... you won't have to worry about not having it.

If you add one thing... exhaust or intake... I would say intake.

Paul

1 - 7 of 7 Posts