Dakota Durango Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
The Anti-RUB
1,752 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I want to buy a 360 Airintakez via the special price running in the group buys section. Problem is I need to find out which side the IAT sensor is on my '03 4.7L D. The airbox (the part with the air filter in it) is on the passenger side. Is that the info they need? Or do I have to take the airbox apart and look inside? or is it somewhere else on the intake (like inside the "home plate" ontop of the engine)? Any info would be helpful... Thanks...

G

·
Your IAT sensor is on the driver side of the plenum box. I have a 2003 Durango, and just ionstalled a Cold Air assembly (not 360 but Pro Zen).

Look on the driver side of the black, plastic box that is attached to your throttle body (e.g. the plenum box). You will find the IAT sensor. When removing the IAT sensor, do not just twist or you will break a locking tab off the IAT sensor. Take a small, flat head screw driver, lift up gently on the locking tab of the IAT sensor, then rotate the sensor 90 degrees. Pull the sensor out taking care not to lose or damage the o-ring of the IAT sensor.

·
Registered
92 Posts
when you order the 360 it doesn't matter about IAT

·
The Anti-RUB
1,752 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
on a 2003 4.7L it does cause the IAT sensor is built into the Airbox (which the 360 replaces), so they need to know which side it is on in order to relocate it onto the 360...

Thanks LeeGWU for the info and the tip...

1 - 4 of 4 Posts