Dakota Durango Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,707 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I needed to a load of gravel and decided what the Hell, I might as well see what the bottom of the line, grossly under-powered beater can handle. Surprisingly enough it didn't do too bad. Honestly it felt like I overloaded the tires more than the truck itself. It pulled some pretty good sized hills without much of a problem. Anyway, a couple pics for your amusement.

·
Layin Low
1,313 Posts
i've hauled ssoooo much stuff in my 2.5... it's rather funny.

600lbs to the scrap yard, then right around and did 620lbs to the same scrap yard haha.

still got a hell pf a lot to go lol

·
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
4,364 Posts
ive been bouncing round the ideer of quicking up a cheap 2.5 5spd myself. found a pretty nice one but its a missin first gear. I can't be having another tranny problem truck now can I.

·
Registered
128 Posts
my old 95 was on the bump stops with tree branches and pulled pretty good i thought, but was scared watching it go down!

·
Registered
85 Posts
When my dad remodeled his house i hauled a pile of shit to the dump and weighed out had just over 2100 lbs

Sent from my iPhone using AutoGuide.com App
That's more like it....2100 lbs on a Dakota.
You guys don't give the little 4 bangers enough credit. In its younger days, my S10 with Iron Duke hauled 2600 lbs of gravel on more than one occasion. Slow and weavy but it got the job done.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts