Dakota Durango Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
483 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys with the lm2 kit. Do you need the chip to transfer data from the handheld to a computer? (I've got the normal data wire) If so, can i just buy the card at any store? (i.e. Walmart, staples office max?) When i looked on line at innovate, they claimed that some cards are not compatible. They offer a 1 gb chip sd (secure digital or something) I figured I could just get one at the store with those parameters quickly. Any input would be appreciated.

·
Registered
1,245 Posts
Just buy a 1GB Sandisk SD card but not the SDHC card. It's probably cheaper online then from Innovate.

You need the memory card to record to it without the need of it being plugged in to a laptop.

·
Registered
1,245 Posts
Oh, are you saying that if I directly hook it up to the laptop, then I won't need the memory card.
If I recall what I've read before, then yes you should not need a memory card for recording straight to the laptop.

Though that makes buying the LM2 a complete waste, in my opinion.

·
Registered
483 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Are you saying i could have hooked my laptop up another way? (like obdII and a software program?) I had gotten the LM2 to send files to a tuner for SCT purposes.

·
Registered
1,245 Posts
You can hook up OBD II to a laptop with some software but that would not get you AF ratios that you need for tuning.

I was saying that plugging an Lm2 in to the O2 sensor and OBDII and into to the laptop defeats the purpose of the LM2. The LM2 can record the data to the memory card so you have less things to pay attention to as well as loose objects flying around.

The only time you need the Lm2 plugged in to the laptop is to update the firmware or configure your OBD II channels.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts