Dakota Durango Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Work Truck
547 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I can here the sound of liquid flowing in the back of my engine bay during acceleration. Has anyone ever experienced this or possibly know what it is?

·
Registered
86 Posts
The only "liquid" sound I've ever experienced was the coolant overflow tank boiling. That was on my old 4-runner. Never heard anything like that with the DAK.

·
Work Truck
547 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Coolant

I was thinking about it and my assumption is that my coolant is low. This would cause the water pump to spin faster and pressure to be decreased allowing me to here the water moving through the water hose.

Agree/Disagree?

·
I know nothing
1,247 Posts
it is the water flowing through the heater core. when you speed up you hear the water rushing sound, sounds like its comin from the passenger side floorboard right? what year truck do you have? what you need to do is to bleed the air out of the cooling system, you are either low on coolant or have alot of air trapped in the system, so fill it up and bleed it, and the sound should stop. hope this helps!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.