Dakota Durango Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys I'm new to this forum. I had my Durango in an accident about 2 months ago. When I got it back from the body shop, I got it home and noticed that all the lights on the car were flickering just very faintly. I don't really remember this happening before the accident, but anyway, I brought it back to them and they said it had a bad ground wire under the battery box. So I got it back, but I noticed the other day, it's still doing it. I cleaned the battery posts I also cleaned the ground wires going to the fenders, and still it flickers very faintly. What could be causeing this. I checked the voltage at the battery and it reads 13.98 to 14.01 volts. Could I have another problem. Please any help would be of great help.

James:(

G

·
Discussion Starter #2
it does sound like a ground problem. look at all the ground wires, such as, the ones the lead to the motor and the frame.

·
Registered
69 Posts
my 97 dak does the same thing, the indiglo gauges flicker a lot. but it was only after i got it back from the body shop also. i thought it might be a bad ground but wasn't for sure, if you find out let me know

G

·
Discussion Starter #4
Lights flickering

I just got my truck back from the dealer with this light flickering problem. They said that the Central Timer Module failed. They said that this controls all of the lights on the truck including the flashers the airbags the windshield wipers windshield washers and all interor lights. They changed it and they still flicker but not as bad as before. I'm not sure if we will ever find it. They don't flicker that bad. You probably don't even notice it unless your looking for it to flicker. The part was covered under warrenty but just so you know it costs $100 for the part and they charged $104.52 labor. So I hope you can do it yourself. It's located behind the passenger side kick panel, right above the amp(if you have premium sound) if not it should be right there when you take off the kick panel.. Hope this helps.

James

·
Registered
69 Posts
i finally fixed it. the body shop didn't tighten the battery wire going to the main fuse block (positive wire) under the hood. i wiggled it and the underhood light flickered. so i just tightened the nut so it made good contact on the fuse block and the problem was corrected. i just hope it's a loose wire for you also!!!
happy trails!

G

·
Discussion Starter #6
Central Timer Module

:help:
I need to replace mine. Any ideas on getting this part? They are telling me $230.00 to $209.00
$130.00 to put it in.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts