Dakota Durango Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
what tail lights head lights and covers is everyone putting on the 04 dakota? how easy is the install, and where ya buying em from

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
what are the diamond lights? sounds neat....you got any ideas on paint jobs?

G

·
my girlfriend keeps telling me to put on the ram rear lights. I think i know what she's talking about but i have never seen them for sale anywhere.

taillights with a ram on them... :confused: Not even sure it exsists but if anyone has seen this let me know one way or the other. thanks

·
Registered
1,177 Posts

think she might be talking about these?????

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
got the graphite gray, now im thinking i shoulda gone with black, might get paint job....

·
One of the Elite
1,054 Posts
Um, you got graphite grey what ? Tail Light covers with the Rams head in them ? Yea... i think they come that way. Just give them a coat of glossy black, and clear coat it. Not too hard.

~CYCLONE_06

·
One of the Elite
1,054 Posts
Id leave it like it is. I must say, black is hard to beat when its clean, but trying to keep it that way is so difficult. I can tell you from experience. If you wanna work at it, then go for it, if not, dont jump into a sinking ship. ;)

~CYCLONE_06

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
not trading it in after all the mods :hammer: :vomit: id get in trouble with the fiance for doing something that silly. ....whats so bad about getting it painted black, other than the dirt thing lol

·
Registered
893 Posts
dakotagirl82 said:
not trading it in after all the mods :hammer: :vomit: id get in trouble with the fiance for doing something that silly. ....whats so bad about getting it painted black, other than the dirt thing lol
It would definitely cost you at least couple thousand dollars for a quality paint job. Does not seem worth it to me to just change the color to black. I can see spending that kind of money to get some kind of crazy color with graphics. But to just go from grey to black seems a little rediculous. I think that your fiance will think that painting it will be more silly. Trading in the grey one for black and then buying all the mods all over again would be cheaper than painting it black. However, Adam does have a good idea about trading it in and converting all the mods from the grey to the black. Good luck. Let us know what you decide to do. Also, with the black paint you get lots and lots of swirl marks in the paint after repeated washings. Then there is more work involved to get the swirls out. Black trucks look sweet but they are such a pain in the ass.

·
One of the Elite
1,054 Posts
See, black shows every scratch in the clear coat, every knick in the paint, every bend, dent, knick, black paint can even show a foggy clear coat if its not put on correctly. Swirl marks are more evident, body abnormalities are more apparent... the list goes on and on. But, when its clean, as you can see in my sig, it looks so awesome. Like i said, depends on how hard you feel like workin to keep it lookin nice.

~CYCLONE_06

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.