Dakota Durango Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Headlight Setup

this is the deal, I got the euro diamond clear headlamp assembly coming the the crib right now. :woot: But i dont know what type bulbs to put in. :hammer: i know what size but i wanted to do something a lil diferent and get like a red tint instead of the hyper white blue tint ever one else has (dakota is red). If not that then what hyperwhite setup should i go with for a nice bright blue type tint. thanx

"Under 20's you ridin natural, I'm on 24's" B.G Hottest of the Hot

·
Super Modder
4,368 Posts
beeharp2001 said:
this is the deal, I got the euro diamond clear headlamp assembly coming the the crib right now. :woot: But i dont know what type bulbs to put in. :hammer: i know what size but i wanted to do something a lil diferent and get like a red tint instead of the hyper white blue tint ever one else has (dakota is red). If not that then what hyperwhite setup should i go with for a nice bright blue type tint.
you wanna use a reed bulb for your head light? youre not going to see anything...and if you dio find a bulb with red tint...itll prob look pink. not very cool or safe. i would go with a cool white bulb if you are going to change bulbs...

·
Registered
2,201 Posts
red bulbs????? your gonna get pulled the minute you cut them on. :stop:

this is what I went with.....

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
rockadaous said:
red bulbs????? your gonna get pulled the minute you cut them on. :stop:

this is what I went with.....

I love that setup man :mullet:. U went with the euro diamond clear headlights right, but what bulbs did you use and how is you chrome backpeice of your headlight like a blue color? See i got a 97 red dak and i whas thinkin on doin the same thing but i want that backpeice like a red instead on blue. But yo setup is tight homie madd props :drool:

·
Registered
2,201 Posts
kaui56 said:
the blue is just reflection of the blue bulb.
He's correct. they're APC bulbs. they do come in yellow, but the boys will pull you. Anything other than blue, but that's only because there white when on. thanks for the compliments

·
One of the Elite
1,736 Posts
This is what i went with. The headlight bulbs are Euro Lites, available online at circuitcity.com or at your local circuit city. They shine pure white with no blue or purple tints. And the corner bulbs are the new sylvania irradescent blue bulbs, they light up amber. The police cant say a damn thing.

~CYCLONE_06

·
Registered
2,201 Posts
look'n good cyclone I have those sylvania's in my bike....

·
Super Modder
4,368 Posts
CYCLONE_06 said:
This is what i went with. The headlight bulbs are Euro Lites, available online at circuitcity.com or at your local circuit city. They shine pure white with no blue or purple tints. And the corner bulbs are the new sylvania irradescent blue bulbs, they light up amber. The police cant say a damn thing.

~CYCLONE_06
are your euro lites bright? mine are not that bright...and when i turn on my high lights, one shuts off and its actually dimmer...but if i tap my fender the light lites up again...

·
One of the Elite
1,736 Posts
Actually, yes they are quite bright, a lot brighter than the stock bulbs that were in there. As for the bulb you have that goes out when you flip high beams on, sounds like a short in the high beam wire, or maybe its just a bad wire altogether. :huh:

~CYCLONE_06

S

·
0 Posts
the bulb could be bad too for that matter. take it back out and look at it closely. if the filament wire is hanging loose this would cause that. the bulb has 2 wires in it... one for low and one for highs. so if the high one is not connected the lows will still work but the highs wont. you say when you tap on the fender it comes on... if the wire is loose what is happening is you are causing the wire to bounce then come into contact with the other side completing the circuit.

·
Registered
117 Posts
what kind of bulbs are those ? the headlight and the signal ones ?....were can i find them..i wanted white signal and white headlight ?

·
Registered
2,201 Posts
hayn_dakota said:
what kind of bulbs are those ? the headlight and the signal ones ?....were can i find them..i wanted white signal and white headlight ?
Mine are APC 9007 xenon white. the signals are APC Icy hots 3157. I found mine at pep boys. all are white when on.

·
Registered
117 Posts
rockadaous said:
Mine are APC 9007 xenon white. the signals are APC Icy hots 3157. I found mine at pep boys. all are white when on.

can i buy them on there website ?...cuzs we no mores pep boys in hawaii..hehe..thanks

·
Registered
2,201 Posts
check ebay. I heard online sucks.... they take forever, but that's what I've read. I haven't ordered anything from em.... not to mention ebay would be cheaper.

·
Registered
117 Posts
what's the bulb number for that lil bulb on the signal's that tiny one ? i want white instead of amber..thanks

·
Registered
1,053 Posts
Here's mine...

I used Sylvania Silverstar headlights and Sylvania turnsignals. They're blue when off, but light up orange to stay legal.

Headlights - Model 9007 $45 for a set of 2 bulbs
Turnsignals - Model 3157 $23.99 a set 2, you need 2 sets to make 4 bulbs.

·
Registered
117 Posts
MoparREVolution said:
Here's mine...

I used Sylvania Silverstar headlights and Sylvania turnsignals. They're blue when off, but light up orange to stay legal.

Headlights - Model 9007 $45 for a set of 2 bulbs
Turnsignals - Model 3157 $23.99 a set 2, you need 2 sets to make 4 bulbs.

your headlights are the hyper white correct ?...well i just got the white headlight bulbs in and the signals and damm they look tyte..however that lil bulb in da corner is the amber it looks a lil weird...i'm thinkin going back to the clear for those and the headlight's going back to the blueish one's cuz it does look a lil weird..haha..i dunno it mite just be me...dammm...anyone know what

·
Registered
3,607 Posts
I have the Sylvania Silverstars for heads and turns. I left the tiny bulb amber because the cops in my town live to write people tickets. In my town the cops here right more tickets per capital than any other town/city in Mass. Even more than Boston. So I try and stay out of their way as much as possible. I don't even notice that those bulbs are amber anyway. They are so small and the Blue Silverstar are so big and Blue. I notice a lot of people checking out the lights when I am driving around. Makes me feel better about spending 250 big ones on the diamond clears and bulbs.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts