Dakota Durango Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm a recycled teenager at 60 and a lady. I put my own front calipers on, waterpump and thermostat. Now also 4 brand new tires one size up from original. I would like to know is it expensive and will it be to hard to raise it 3". Think it would look awesome trailering around my motorcycle and camping equipment. Need pros and cons. Thank you.
Miss Perky

·
Registered
397 Posts
Aftermarket parts are pretty scarce for our Generation of Dakotas.

There are no suspension lift kits for the 2005+ Dakotas. Only leveling kits for the front, and blocks or add-a-leaf for the rear. A 3" body lift is also available, made by Performance Accessories.

There are two more popular leveling kits. Trailmaster makes a 1.5" leveling kit, and Daystar makes a 2" leveling kit. There are some other brands available also. Either blocks or add-a-leaf for the rear if you want. Performance Accessories makes the 3" body lift for our trucks. Leveling kits over 2" will cause front end parts to wear out quickly.

Here is my truck with only a minor 'lift', just a simple leveling kit up front, the rear is stock.

·
Registered
397 Posts
And you can download the (Free) 2005 Dodge Dakota Factory Service Manual HERE, updated link in post #6. The FSM is filled with tons of information, you'll definitely need it at some point.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Wow! Thanks for the info and about the service manuel. Your truck is fantastic. I'll dig through everything and when I finally make up my mind I'll post pic. Thanks again.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts