Dakota Durango Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
sixpack
104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I tore down the interior panel inside the liftgate to service my rear heated window. By coincidence I noticed a loose end wire from the latch. I put it back where I believe it should be, shown in the pictures below. But still I don't know what it's good for. It didn't "click" into the latch and I fear it will fall off again. I haven't had any troubles locking or unlocking the liftgate, neither by remote or key operated. Could it belong to the original alarm system? Part number is 56021605 Switch Disarm Liftgate

As I found the latch

The loose end picked up

Any idea what it's good for?

·
Pre-Teen Giggle Brigade
6,840 Posts
that connects to the key lock cylinder...i think its for when u unlock the tailgate with the key, those wires unlock the rest of the doors? im not sure, if u wanna check that and let us know?

·
sixpack
104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
you could be right! I tried to lock it with the key as the wire were unhooked. Then it was only the liftgate that locked, other four doors remained open.

Thank you! I think I leave it as is and don't car of the "malfunction" if it unhook by itself again.

·
sixpack
104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I checked again with the wire both hooked up and unhooked, and by locking/unlocking the liftgate by key, no other doors open or locks. I believe somethings wrong with my locking system as your idea here sounds very good to me.

·
Pre-Teen Giggle Brigade
6,840 Posts
i have no idea then. if it was warmer out id go attempt stuff but its like 30 here.

also i see ur from norway, can u post a pic of ur taillights?

·
Registered
2,699 Posts
As far as I know no Durango has the feature to unlock all doors by one key. My 99 does not. I do know that on each keyed door there is a disarm switch for the factory alarm as you have described. It disables the alarm if it is set and a key is used to open a door vs. the fob.

·
sixpack
104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
taillights are original Canadian/US type, but turn indicators are repositioned into the backup lights. And the side marker bulb is removed. My car has no backup light.

Many 1. gen Durangos over here have European style taillights, with amber turn indicators. Also used for Voyager and Gran Caravan here.

By the way: I've got some clear corners of eBay that I will mount as soon as possible now. :)

·
Registered
40 Posts
Thats the key disarm switch for the Factory Alarm

Very likely its fallen off from the tailgate being closed

Test it and the other door switches by rolling down the window and locking the doors with the door sw or remote and waiting till the alarm arms & light blinks on ths dash, then use the key in the lock to disarm it and open the door . Use the remote to disarm if any of the locks dont disarm the alarm

1 - 8 of 8 Posts