1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
984 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
14 Posts
spend the extra money and get nitro shocks, I have ran Rancho, Skyjacker, Trailmasters, Monroe on my trucks over the years and a basic nitro shock is your best bet for a daily driver. It seems many brands are made by Monroe and relabled, the cheapest nitro shock will ride better and last longer than a comparable hydraulic shock imo. My lifted 2001 with 35" Xterrains and Rancho RS9000x shocks on setting 2 rode like a cadillac but they are expensive shocks to say the least lol.

·
Registered
984 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks. I want to get the best shock so price is not the biggest issue. I will look into nitro shocks. I will do some off roading, but most of the time I will be dding, hauling loads, and towing a 18ft fiberglass boat.

·
Chevy SUCKS!!!!!!!
1,685 Posts
One word. Bilstein.
Ding ding ding, we have a winner! Definitely agreed.

Out of curiosity though, what are you doing to get a 4" lift? That's an oddball # for a 3rd gen.

·
Registered
984 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Its a kit I bought used. Not sure what brand. The blocks themselves are 3" and the add a leaf is another inch. I would like bilstein, but they say only 0" to 1" of lift. I will have to call to get a part number.

·
Chevy SUCKS!!!!!!!
1,685 Posts
There never was a 4" kit for a 3rd gen Dak, sounds more like you might have a 5.5" Tough Country, or possibly a 3" Rancho that someone tried to squeeze some more lift out of it. Got any pics of the front drop brackets, I had a 3" Rancho lift on my old 99 I can prob tell you if they are what you've got or not.

·
Chevy SUCKS!!!!!!!
1,685 Posts
Rear doesn't mean much, Rancho kits came with 2" blocks for the rear that many (myself included on my 99) would swap out to 3" blocks so they could crank the torsion bars up farther and keep the leveled look. The Tough Country kits came with iirc a 3" block and add-a-leaf for the rear. If you've got a pic of the front bracketry I should be able to tell you what you've got and help you get the right length shock.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts