Dakota Durango Forum banner
1 - 20 of 54 Posts

·
S.S. Neigel USAF
369 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I hope I can put my blocks in tomorrow, its a 3" block then I'm cranking my Torsion Bar as much as I can prolly get 2" but I'm okay with the rake, if I dont then despite what everyone tells me about getting bigger keys, I'm going too.. I've found them on eBay, they look legit, and have good reviews from what I've read, and yes, I'll be sure to take pictures. Just thought I'd let ya'll know.

·
Registered
2,551 Posts
Cool stuff man, will look tits when your done!

·
S.S. Neigel USAF
369 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

·
Banned
25,820 Posts
I just hope you have the right u-bolts before you start. Otherwise your wasting time.

·
S.S. Neigel USAF
369 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
im pretty sure? they're bigger, thicker, longer.

·
Banned
25,820 Posts
Jar, you have 15" or 16" rims? I just noticed mine are simular to yours.

·
Registered
2,551 Posts
If im not mistaking he has 16s and 15s and those are his 15s in the pic...I think.

·
don't feed the bears
10,668 Posts
If im not mistaking he has 16s and 15s and those are his 15s in the pic...I think.
you got it buddy, those are the 15 uswheel brand in the pics..the 16s are the stock set of rims.. and yes these photos are pre-bodylift..once again thanks for the hospitality on that project!:wave:

·
Banned
25,820 Posts
Cool, can't wait for my wheels!

·
.:.:.:.:.:.:.:.
10,424 Posts
...they look legit, and have good reviews from what I've read...
Have you read anything here?

If you can get the suspension to rest at the bump stops with the factory t-bar keys, you won't get any more lift from re-indexed keys. You won't have a softer ride, you won't get anything but a hole in your wallet and worthless peices of metal.

Jesus...why don't people get it?

·
S.S. Neigel USAF
369 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
caulk, if you dont like what i have said dont bother chiming in.:wave:

·
don't feed the bears
10,668 Posts
he is just tryin to save you a buck.. the logic makes sense..

and the money you save on the keys you can put toward something usefull like a throttle body spacer...:jester:

·
Banned
25,820 Posts
Where's the pics? The days over!

·
S.S. Neigel USAF
369 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
he is just tryin to save you a buck.. the logic makes sense..

and the money you save on the keys you can put toward something usefull like a throttle body spacer...:jester:
already have one

·
S.S. Neigel USAF
369 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·

·
S.S. Neigel USAF
369 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
oh and Jar, my bolts are a hella lot thicker and prolly a hella lot longer

·
Up then Down then Up then
3,188 Posts
3" blocks in the back will be too much for cranking the tbars. Mine had 2" blocks and I thought it was almost too much rake. It looks goofy with a 3" block back there unless you buy a lift kit.

And like rebel said- your not getting anymore lift than your bumpstops will allow. You could always mount your top ball joint on the bottom of your upper control arm, put in a Ball Joint spacer, trim a little of the bumpstop, and add some keys- but then your CV Shaft will last about 5 feet.

·
S.S. Neigel USAF
369 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
yeha mine were longer too but having 3 inches of bolt hanging down looks a little goofy, not to mention dangerous.. you could catch a rock or stump.
good call and could you (again) tell me the distance from ground to where the door step is? and honestly how bad does it look like it rakes.

1 - 20 of 54 Posts